Copper Caliper Grease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copper Caliper Grease?

I'm going to rebuild my front and rear calipers and the Clymer manual recommends a copper based grease for the calipers. I've tried several searches and haven't come up with anything. Any suggestions? Also, tried to find OEM front caliper rebuild kits for my 1977 GS 750 and CRC2 only has the rear. Z1 has K&L but was hoping to get OEM and buy everything (rebuild kit, pads and grease) all at the same place. Ideas?

Thanks!

the kits are still available from suzuki so any suzuki parts dealer will be able to get them, local or on line. any motor factors or autoparts stores will sell the copper grease.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Kopr-Kote

Comment

Originally posted by GS750cafe View Post
        I'm going to rebuild my front and rear calipers and the Clymer manual recommends a copper based grease for the calipers. I've tried several searches and haven't come up with anything. Any suggestions? Also, tried to find OEM front caliper rebuild kits for my 1977 GS 750 and CRC2 only has the rear. Z1 has K&L but was hoping to get OEM and buy everything (rebuild kit, pads and grease) all at the same place. Ideas?

Thanks!
        The re-build kit is called the "piston set" in the on-line OEM fische...
        '85 GS550L - SOLD
        '85 GS550E - SOLD
        '82 GS650GL - SOLD
        '81 GS750L - SOLD
        '82 GS850GL - trusty steed
        '80 GS1100L - son's project bike
        '82 GS1100G - SOLD
        '81 GS1100E - Big Red (daily rider)

Comment

Thanks you guys, I finally set an afternoon aside and got the job done!

Comment

Working...
          X