Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replaced lines and rebuilt calipers, still spongy

Hi gang,

I am at a loss on this 80 GS750E. I rebuilt the calipers completely, replaced all the brake lines with SS, bled until there was no air bubbles, but they are still stupid spongy up front. The back brake finally come around when I replaced the line, and is now working about 90%(vast improvement).

The only part left that has not been replaced is the master. It is the original. What would a master rebuild kit do? I am just curious about whether I should go that route or just replace the whole master cylinder with a new one.

Any ideas?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pnedac

put a new seal kit in the M/C. if it is original then it will be old and tired, and probably wont be able to provide the pressure needed to cope with the rest of the rebuilt system.

many kits are available but most members here will tell you to use genuine Suzuki kits only.
    i, however have had success with the cheaper aftermarket kits. the choice is yours.
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

vacuum bleed well, with a mitey mite type pump too.

Comment

Good looking out guys thank you. I will look into the rebuild kit.

Cheers

Comment

Yes, ditto on the Suzuki OEM kit. It's typically called a piston and cup set on the fiche.

If you have a mitey mite style pump, it makes bleeding so much easier. But I was able to vacuum bleed quite successfully with a large $1 disposable medical syringe: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=205846
          Charles
          --
          1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
          X