No announcement yet.

GS 450 spongy front brake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are going to be very pleased with new SS brake lines. Just did the swap the other day. it's a MASSIVE improvement over the stock lines. you get way more feel and more bite on the disc when stopping hard.

i'm looking forward to hearing how it pans out.

Comment

Well, after trying everything I could think of I FINALLY found the problem and it left me scratching my head! I happen to have a brand new brake lever and compared it to the one on the bike. The difference is the contact area was worn down a LOT!! I tossed the new lever on and BINGO!! Works great. The new stainless lines are goining on in a few days!!

Comment

I always bleed them in reverse. Get a big syringe and some tygom that fits the end of it and over the bleed screw. Take the reservoir cap off and strap the lever to the bars. Now force fluid, using the syringe, in through the bleed hole up into the system and into the reservoir. It follows the path that air would wan to follow. Conversely you can used vaccum to draw fluid up to the reservoir, same effect. Always works for me, just did it in fact on the EFE and brakes are rock hard.

Comment

Once you get consistent pressure with a spongy front brake, tie down the brake lever as tight as you can get it. It will self bleed over night. Much easier than bleeding a million tiny bubbles and wasting brake fluid.
          '78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Working...
          X