Will other rotors fit my 1150?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will other rotors fit my 1150?

Need some advice from the more experienced folk: Has anyone identified direct bolt-on FR/RR rotors for 1150 from other bikes? No way I'm paying 200 per for EBCs, and the eBay offerings look just about wore out. I'm hoping to hear that some gsxrs or katana rotors will work. Thanks

See if chef1366 has some descent ones, I don't think there is a cross to another bike
    You can also check the EBC catelog to see what other bikes might use your rotor and search for those used on the bay.

Comment

You are correct. Not one single occurrence of that part# for any other bike.

Comment

From Eric

If '83 1100E calipers can be used with 1150 rotors...
        perhaps you can just use '80-'83 slotted rotors instead? (They are thicker when new but, when worn... )

Last edited by gsrick; 05-16-2013, 10:25 AM.
        :cool:GSRick
        No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
        Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

83 rotors would be going backwards from 1150 rotors

Comment

If the EBC catalog is anything to trust then there is no alternative to the exact application. Now I understand why the best price I could find was 185 each for new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by cableguy View Post
              If the EBC catalog is anything to trust then there is no alternative to the exact application. Now I understand why the best price I could find was 185 each for new ones.
              consider a switch to 2nd gen 17" GSXR upfront with a 17x4.5 or 18x4.5 rear. Keep your same forks. Just need new brake brackets. The rest is almost a bolt on as you don't have to change forks clip ons gauges or anything else. The 1150 forks are wide enough for the 17" front wheel and rotors.

Comment

I've been looking at swapping at least the front end to GSXR, but for now I just need a rear rotor that isn't all grooved up from the pads getting too low.

Comment

Just re-read your post. You meant just swap the wheels not the whole setup. That seems like a good first step in the process of upgrading.

Comment

Originally posted by cableguy View Post
                    Just re-read your post. You meant just swap the wheels not the whole setup. That seems like a good first step in the process of upgrading.
                    Wheel options go 3 spoke (88 GSXR 1100+) or 6 spoke (85-87 GSXR 750/1100)

Technical Info posts that are deemed to be important or popular will be placed here for easier access. If you feel a post should be moved from the Technical Info forum to here then PM the Administrator with your request.

Comment

used rotors

If you still need rotors, let me know. I have a couple of extra used ones, and if your interested, this weekend I could pull them out and measure the min thickness.

Comment

Thanks, but I think I'm OK for now. My brakes are fine, the rear rotor is within spec, just a tad grooved but they stop fine once the pads bed in to conform. I was wondering if rotors from other makes or models have been swapped in.

Comment

Working...
                        X