Springs around the brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Springs around the brake lines

Has anybody reused the springs that wrap around the brake lines when switching out the lines? If so how did you remove them from the old lines without damaging them?

you cant really remove them. if you are switching lines are you replacing them with s/s lines? if so you will not need the springs as they are only there to stop the rubber lines from rubbing against things and wearing through them
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Ok thanks, just thought I would try and retain the original look even though you don't see much of it anyway. I bought new SS lines from Raymond at Rennsport. ( GS Resources lead me to him, thanks )

Comment

Originally posted by 47mouth View Post
        Ok thanks, just thought I would try and retain the original look even though you don't see much of it anyway. I bought new SS lines from Raymond at Rennsport. ( GS Resources lead me to him, thanks )
        well stainless lines aren't original so no one is going to notice if the springs aren't there lol...........
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

I bought the black coated lines so they LOOK like the originals and was wondering if anybody has done it. Figured some of the pureist would of attemted to keep them. And I don' want to be deducted for any points at the Pebble Beach Concours d`Elegance.

Comment

Working...
          X