Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried these brake pads, MAVD306, for GX850??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone tried these brake pads, MAVD306, for GX850??

I'm getting a cart ready at Z1 to refurbish my rear brakes... Currently was just going to go with the EBC FA36 pads, but was wondering if anyone has tried this other offering at Z1??

MAVD306
    Z1 Enterprises specializes in quality Motorcycle parts for Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki and Yamaha Classic Japanese motorcycles from the 1970's and 1980's.

I believe those are Vesrah brake pads. Vesrah makes excellent brake pads -- I prefer them over EBC, in fact, but they can be hard to find.

Go for it!
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
      I believe those are Vesrah brake pads. Vesrah makes excellent brake pads -- I prefer them over EBC, in fact, but they can be hard to find.

Go for it!
      Thanks, B... I round a nice rotor today as well, so all that's left is to order the pads and a caliper rebuild kit, and then I want to figure out what rear brake lines to order. I figure that, while I have it apart, I might as well do the whole deal. Mastercylinder is in great shape, but the bike still has the original brake lines, etc..

Would sure be nice if there was a cut-dried "recipe" or parts list for the brake lines... I find it odd that Z1 just sells a billion individual lines, but doesn't have a "package" for particular bikes. Some of us have VERY little time to search/seek/figure-out this kind of stuff... or are just lazy (not my case... but figured I'd lighten the rant a tad... )

Thanks again...

Comment

There's really no such thing as "plug and play" when it comes as brake lines simply because there's no way to know in advance which handlebars the bike is wearing.

The stock handlebars on most or all GS models are pure ergonomic evil, so if you're actually going to ride the thing very far, you MUST change the handlebars. For example, I've installed Daytona bend handlebars, so the brake lines on my GS850 are three inches shorter than the stock setup.

So you have to simulate the run to the calipers with stiff tubing or electrical wire, and then measure that. A 10 minute project and you probably won't even get dirty.
        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
        X