Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bleeding the anti dive/ fork

Hi all!
    When removing the anti dive component from the front forks of my 82 katana 1100 I lost some oil. I'm wondering about replacing the oil- is it brake fluid or fork oil. If it is brake fluid and I put it in through the brake reservoir I'm wondering if I will get air trapped inside the fork as the connection point on the fork is farther from the reservoir than the bleed screw. I'm not quite sure how the anti dive system works so any input will be appreciated.
    Thanks in advance

if you removed the antidive unit from the fork leg, with out undoing the banjo bolt on the brake line then the oil leaked out will just be fork oil. you need tor really drain all the oil out the fork leg now and refill to the correct level
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Thanks. The fork oil probably hasn't been changed ever so its due for new oil anyway. I've never serviced forks before so I'll search the old threads for info. If anyone has a link to the procedure that would be great too.

Comment

have a look here............

there is acouple of links referring to fork oil/seal replacement so it should help you out.
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Ok thanks for the link, it was just what I needed

Comment

Working...
          X