Canadian supplier for making your own brake lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadian supplier for making your own brake lines

I was checking out the tutorial on making lines and figured I would give it a go.
    Any of you Canadian guys know a Canadian supplier?

Shipping is bloody murder from the states.

Hey jeeprusty, you guys out east have to find an outfit like we have here in BC. These are great! I just ordered a V&H exhaust for my 1100 from the motorcycle superstore. $328. so it's free shipping in the states because it is over a $89 purchase. They ship it to Seawings for free then they bring it across the border. I pick it up at their warehouse at the airport, I clear it in customs (they MIGHT charge me, not likely) My total cost to get it here??? $23.00!!

Seawings Express is a Canada Customs Bonded Carrier offering freight forwarding & cross-border shipping with fast daily service from Blaine to Victoria, BC.
    No signature :(

Comment

Originally posted by JEEPRUSTY View Post
      I was checking out the tutorial on making lines and figured I would give it a go.
      Any of you Canadian guys know a Canadian supplier?

Shipping is bloody murder from the states.
      I am in the states, but i'm just gonna order my lines from these guys up in ontario (rennsport on ebay). I have heard good reviews on this forum and they are around less than half the price the local hose place quoted me to make one...

Comment

Like Broncoman says contact Rennsport for prices.
        I have bought 2 sets and was very happy with the price, quality and promptness.
        2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
          Hey jeeprusty, you guys out east have to find an outfit like we have here in BC. These are great! I just ordered a V&H exhaust for my 1100 from the motorcycle superstore. $328. so it's free shipping in the states because it is over a $89 purchase. They ship it to Seawings for free then they bring it across the border. I pick it up at their warehouse at the airport, I clear it in customs (they MIGHT charge me, not likely) My total cost to get it here??? $23.00!!

http://www.seawings.ca/
          If someone in Southern Ontario needs this kind of service, I would recommend a place called 'My U.S. Address'.
          I used them for years, and always been very happy with them.

Comment

Last time I needed some braided lines I got them from Mopac.
            Supplying Western Canada with High Performance & Racing Auto Parts Since 1973.

They were good quality stainless kit, get the fittings you need and a suitable length of hose and your good.
            Only got locations on the left hand side though......

Comment

Rennsport Service, 5 stars

I am absolutely stunned by the quick follow up from Raymond at Rennsport, I emailed them about a set of SS brake lines for the GS1000S at 10 PM PST and I got a reply back in 10 -15 mins. That makes it 1 AM there.
              Maybe he has a laptop beside his bed.
              I had a few back and forth emails as they are custom sizes compared to the standard kits they have listed for the GS1000 and always he was right on top of it.
              Once the kit was ordered I got the tracking number within hours, just hope the product matches the service.
              I'll let you know once I get them.
              2018 Honda Africa Twin AS
              2013 DR 650 Grey, sold 1981 GS 650E Silver,

1980 GS1000ST Blue & White, X2

2012 DL650 Vstrom Foxy Orange, in storage
              1981 CT110 X2 "Postie Bikes" Gone to a New Home.
              2002 BMW 1150 GS Blue & White - Sold
              1975 BMW R90/6 Black - Sold 1984 GS1150EF Sold
              1982 BMW R100 Africa trip, Stolen - Recovered- Sold
              1977-1980 Suzuki GS550, GS1000E, GS1000S GSX750, GSX1100,s
              Hondas ST90, CR125 CB175 , CB350 CB750, NSU Quickly, Yamaha RD's 350/400,

Comment

I used Rennsport for my front brake lines. Great experience! Totally recommended from me.

Comment

Thumbs up too re Rennsport. GS1100ED

Comment

My set of SS lines front and back are amazing, great products, fantastic services and amazing prices. I wanted to make my own but when he quoted me the price.. forget that.
                    Rob
                    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
                    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

+1 on Rennsport.

Raymond has been very upfront with me and my dealings with them. Prices are very good. The only thing I have to say is the plastic sleeving (should you choose to get it) tends to be a little on the soft side, and will wear quickly on any sharpish edges.
                      '83 GS650G
                      '83 GS550es (didn't like the colours in the 80's, but they've grown on me)

Comment

Well I had been a very satisfied 2 time customer but experience #3 has not been so sweet. Gatekeeper and I ordered two sets, one for each of our FZ750s. I sent him my stock set. They were, as always, quickly produced and cheap but sadly did not fit correctly. At least on the right side front and the rear brake. They were both too long and the fittings were at the wrong angles.

Gatekeeper contacted Raymond and the response was less than satisfactory. He offered to refund but made no effort to redo them.

I made my set fit but I'm not happy with them and will need to think twice if I need lines in the future.

I did meet him in person last year and he is very nice guy but something was off this time around. Just be aware that cheap and fast is not always good.

Spyug

Comment

Cheap in price that is, not the quality of the lines....

I too am a bit bummed at the way he handled the last order, it was not what I expected from Raymond, but maybe everyone has an off day....

I have not fitted my lines on the Yamaha yet, but if they are the same as Spyug's then they will not fit right, and that will be a shame...

now to be fair, the lines for the Suzuki were as though factory made.....

go figure

Comment

Working...
                          X