Motorcycle Tire Valve Stems ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorcycle Tire Valve Stems ?

Does anyone use right angle valve stems and have comments either for or against them ? Or a recommendation on a particularly good brand ? I'm getting sick and tired of fighting with gas station air hoses to get to my valve stems.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

there was a fairly well debated thread on this subject a while back........

1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Thanks Agemax. I didn't see anybody complaining about them leaking so I think I'll give it a go. Not sure about the adapter idea though, I can see that leaking should it loosen.
      Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
      1983 GS 750

Comment

Never go to a gas station for air again....

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          Never go to a gas station for air again....

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ET9SB4
          Didn't consider that. Are they small for travel ? Have you used it ?
          1983 GS 750

Comment

Yes, I carry one. Modified it with alligator clips to go on the battery. It will do a bike tire from empty OK. A car tire, it will overheat before it is finished, but it is OK for topping it off.

The first one lasted several years, a lot of use. The second one is still going strong. look at the picture of it in the woman's hand, it's about an inch thick, maybe 3" x 4" or so.

The little pressure guage is even fairly accurate.

$12 at Walmart.

Comment

Whoa, that's a different one, the one I bought from Walmart has a pressure guage, the one I posted here doesn't seem to.

Cheap basterdz.

Edit, it seems there are now several to choose from:

Comment

Thanks. We do have Walmart here though I have never been in one. I guess today will be the first time.
                I do have an emergency repair and CO2 kit but this seems practical for other uses.
                1983 GS 750

Comment

I've been airing up my tires with a manually-operated bicycle tire pump. Most are good for well over 100psi. Way quicker and easier than digging out and connecting a compressor.

Maybe not as easy to stow when you're going on a trip, though. Foot pump, perhaps?
                  Charles
                  --
                  1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
                  X