No announcement yet.

IRC GS-11 AW tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just put on some Shinko 230s on the 1100G today, might get a test ride in tomorrow if i get the rest of the stuff put back together. One thing for sure, they went on very easy. They were very cheap. They look cool (you know, black, round, some cool sipes and things) If they handle very well at all I will be impressed, according to a few test riders they handle and stick very well so we shall see. Pirelli Sport Demons are a favorite as well. Higher cost but worth it. And the Avon RoadRider AM26, kick ass handling and traction, medium price. There is also a new Micheline radial made to fit our old skinny rim sizes, I have not heard how they work from anyone on this forum, Bringer will get to it soon I am sure. They coud be great, or at least pretty darned good.

And as far as the old bikes are concerned, they have a few advantages over any modern bikes. They are simple to work on, they are very comfortable, and properly maintained they are as reliable as anything made today. Takes a little more effort but it won't leave you out somewhere. With a few upgrades like tires, shocks and brakes, they get down the road pretty well, a good rider can smoke the average sportbike idiot on the average sportbike on any windy road, since the average sportbike idiot can't ride for **** especially in corners.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by Nessism View Post
      Bobber/chopper/hackers though are generally not very welcome, because we know those guys won't endure. They butcher some old bike and quickly loose interest. No tolerance for that type around here.

Yes, Bobbers just look like a pile of poop ! And they all have ugly tires......

NOT

82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

That would be covered by "generally". There are some rare gifted people out there that come up with some incredible modifications, but in most cases the "pile of Poop" applies and they end up in the scrap heap.
        http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...ine=1440711157'78 GS1000E, Dyna-S ignition, Dyna Green Coils, K&N pods, Delkevic SS 4-1 exhaust, Dynojet Stage 3 jet kit, Russell SS Brake Lines, Progressive suspension, Compu-Fire series Regulator 55402 and Advmonster cree LED headlight conversion.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
          I just put on some Shinko 230s on the 1100G today, might get a test ride in tomorrow if i get the rest of the stuff put back together. One thing for sure, they went on very easy. They were very cheap. They look cool (you know, black, round, some cool sipes and things) If they handle very well at all I will be impressed, according to a few test riders they handle and stick very well so we shall see. Pirelli Sport Demons are a favorite as well. Higher cost but worth it. And the Avon RoadRider AM26, kick ass handling and traction, medium price. There is also a new Micheline radial made to fit our old skinny rim sizes, I have not heard how they work from anyone on this forum, Bringer will get to it soon I am sure. They coud be great, or at least pretty darned good.

And as far as the old bikes are concerned, they have a few advantages over any modern bikes. They are simple to work on, they are very comfortable, and properly maintained they are as reliable as anything made today. Takes a little more effort but it won't leave you out somewhere. With a few upgrades like tires, shocks and brakes, they get down the road pretty well, a good rider can smoke the average sportbike idiot on the average sportbike on any windy road, since the average sportbike idiot can't ride for **** especially in corners.
          Did you get a chance to try those tires ?

Comment

Short little test ride, they seem pretty good. No more spinning up the rear on the crosswalk paint stripe down at the corner, ( first gear, turning left from a stop onto the bigger road, the old tires always would spin or at least squirm a bit on the paint.) It seems easier to roll it over into a turn, not as good as the RoadRiders but this is a much longer heavier bike too. Traction under braking is a little bit better. I will go for a blast up my local private canyon road tomorrow.
            Last edited by tkent02; 06-22-2013, 07:57 PM.
            http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
            X