Intruder wheels on gs shafty?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intruder wheels on gs shafty?

Does anyone know if spoke shafty wheels from an intruder will work on a 79 gs850?

My bike is a shafty and I want spoke wheels...

You will find they are too wide for the GS swing arm. You could possibly use it IF you had a GS size narrow rim laced up to it. But I don't know of anyone that has done it

Comment

Originally posted by SqDancerLynn1 View Post
      You will find they are too wide for the GS swing arm. You could possibly use it IF you had a GS size narrow rim laced up to it. But I don't know of anyone that has done it
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleTaylor View Post
        Does anyone know if spoke shafty wheels from an intruder will work on a 79 gs850?

My bike is a shafty and I want spoke wheels...
        Check the baby intruders, 800cc or smaller, they look doable, not so much the larger cruisers, as mine takes a 150 front and a 180 rear with the capability of a 215 rear.

Comment

Great! I actually like the idea of using the rear hub and lacing on a new rim. I would like 19 inch front and rear..

Originally posted by old_skool View Post
          Check the baby intruders, 800cc or smaller, they look doable, not so much the larger cruisers, as mine takes a 150 front and a 180 rear with the capability of a 215 rear.

Comment

19 inch REAR tire? Does anyone actually make those??

The easiest way to do it would be to take the hub from the shaft drive intruder and lace it too the rim of an early wire wheeled GS.

I have seen pictures of a wire wheeled GS850G before so it is possible.

Comment

Working...
            X