Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

my new front tyre keeps going down......yuk!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my new front tyre keeps going down......yuk!!!

hi guys ,,, its like this,,, i recently removed my old front tubeless tyre 100/90x19,,, which had been on there for 8 years ... it was starting to decay,,,, it didn,t look good,,, so i purchased a new bridgestone V100/90x19,,, which when pumped up would like thinner ,,,which is what i wanted .. ,,the rim is embossed ,,, tubeless ,, so i put the tyre on in the correct direction, and used soapy water around the tyre and rim ,, ,,but it still keeps going down,, ............i,ve pumped it up regularly 8-8 times and after about 1 hour it starts to go flat haven,t even ridden it yet ,,ant help would be great regards oldgrumpy... sorry its a 1980 gs1000e

Get a tube.
    AFAIK there is no such bike as an '80 GS1000E, maybe its a 79 or an 1100E?

Comment

Tire valve stem is probably your problem. I had the same thing happen to me. I now put new one in when I replace my tires.

Comment

Originally posted by gearhead13 View Post
        Get a tube.
        Yes, There is an 80 GS 1000

Grumpy - I'm guessing the rim has some old tire stuck on the bead, so you may have to scrub that off to get it to seat

You can't find a spot where it's leaking after you pump it up?
        1978 GS 1000 (since new)
        1979 GS 1000 (The Fridge, superbike replica project)
        1978 GS 1000 (parts)
        1981 GS 850 (anyone want a project?)
        1981 GPZ 550 (backroad screamer)
        1970 450 Mk IIID (THUMP!)
        2007 DRz 400S
        1999 ATK 490ES
        1994 DR 350SES

Comment

This stuff should fix it. It had worked for me several times. Don't put too much in though. Take the wheel off, put a small amount in, just enough so it'll run around inside the tire, then pump up the tire and tilt it in all directions specially around the bead.
          If you put too much in it will unbalance the tire and then you can't get it out again without removing the tire!

Comment

Spray some dish soap and water around to see where it's leaking.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I would suspect the valve stem or like B T said crud and debris on the rim. I had the same problem on my 650g. I changed the stem and it still leaked. Took the tire off and cleaned and sanded the rim with 220 grit sand paper till it was real nice and smmoth where the bead meets the rim. No problems for the past 3 years. Cheer up!

cg
              sigpic
              83 GS1100g
              2006 Triumph Sprint ST 1050

Ohhhh!........Torque sweet Temptress.........always whispering.... a murmuring Siren

Comment

Get a tube.
                I agree with getting a tube.
                But you might want to rethink about the fact there isn't a '80 GS1000E.
                They looked like this. Slotted disks, non-stepped seat, CV carbs, newer hand controls. Think the front brake reservoir is different also. Beautiful bike isn't it?
                sigpic
                Steve
                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

rims also can corrode and causes a leak at the bead. My GS750E got progressively worse with leaking till I pulled the tire and scrubbed down the corrosion to get a clean seal.

Comment

I too have suffered the ignominy of corrosion.
                    Pop off the tire and scrub the rim clean.
                    replace the whole valve stem as well cos its damn near time.

Comment

I agree on a redo. It is a brand new tyre, something went wrong on the install. Time to start over from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by sedelen View Post
                        I agree with getting a tube.
                        But you might want to rethink about the fact there isn't a '80 GS1000E.
                        They looked like this. Slotted disks, non-stepped seat, CV carbs, newer hand controls. Think the front brake reservoir is different also. Beautiful bike isn't it?
                        Hey that looks an awful lot like my 1980 GS1000E.
                        Have you checked with the soapy water to find where the tire is leaking? I would guess valve, bit it could also be the seal at the rim. We can all guess but only you can find out.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Get a tube.
                          ....hi guys thanks for your advice ,,i,ll try to fix it ,,,,, in australia they did have 1980 gs1000e,,,, ,its stamped on the neck .. regards oldgrumpy

Comment

Working...
                          X