No announcement yet.

Master Cylinder Plunger Binds Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok I just got off the phone with a local Machining and Fabrication Company. They said they can take an initial measurement at the opening of the bore and run a boring tool in to clear out the master and make it precise. Do you guys think this is a good idea? Does the bore stay the same measurement from the opening to the bottom?

Comment

Should I hone it out?

Comment

Originally posted by gs1000emt View Post
        Should I hone it out?
        Worth a try, i have honed m/c bores before with success.
        they are parallel bores
        1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

Not sure, but here's a thought. Maybe it's only getting stuck because you are pushing it in much farther than it was intended? Perhaps the rubber bits get jammed and they get stuck? It never bottoms in the bore in normal operation, maybe it's not intended to.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Well tkent i thought that too so i put it together and did not press the plunger down and put it on the bike. i pulled the brake lever to bleed and it immediately bottomed out and got stuck. it will return if i just press it down a little by hand but as soon as i press it further it gets stuck. This bike sat for about 10 years and had a lot of gunk in the mc when i cleaned it. im thinking there may just be a tiny bit of rust catching the plunger. ive tried everything to clean it up but im thinking honing may be my last resort. Id like to save this mc if possible cause only replacements i can find are chinese cheapies.

Comment

Can anyone recomend an aftermarket front master cylinder?

Comment

Working...
              X