long travel front brake lever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long travel front brake lever

I bought this master cylinder for my gs 1100 that has a gsxr front end & a single disk. I am using a 2 piece brake hose. The brake lever travels almost to the grip before the brake grabs. I have bleed the crap out of the system & am pretty confident there is no air in the system. I have put up with this for 6 months.

What should I do next?

80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

the piston bore diameter is too small to move the pistons in the caliper
    1978 GS1085.

Just remember, an opinion without 3.14 is just an onion!

Comment

It has a 12.7 mm bore. What size would I need for a single disc?
      80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

what GSXR caliper are you using? a 4 pot or 6 pot? the GN250 etc that the m/c was designed for only has one piston. you are trying to move enough fluid to push 4 pistons, (or 6).
        you say you have a 2 piece hose, is it stock rubber or stainless lines?
        1978 GS1085.

Comment

4 pistons, stock rubber hoses. So how about this one? The bore is 14 mm.

Comment

try fitting a stainless hose, before buying another m/c, it should help a lot plus its a good upgrade to have anyway
            1978 GS1085.

Comment

Ok, so I installed brand new braided steel lines today & the front brakes are the same, still a long lever travel before any braking. It leads me to believe Agemax is right, the bore in the master is too small to move 4 pistons. Looks like I'll be upgrading to a 14 mm bore master from a larger bike.

Comment

Working...
              X