Swing Arm Conversion For 1979 GS1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwhelan65 View Post
    Luv the stance of that thing, so early gsxr front end? I assume those are 18's front and rear?
    Thanks
    The GSXR 1100 first gen fork and 18" wheels gives it that spidery look.
    Beware that you cannot mix and match any fork to any wheel nor to any caliper
    sigpicJohn Kat
    My bikes: CB 77, GS 1000 ST Cafe Racer with GSXR 1052 engine, GS 1000 ST, XR 41 Replica with GS 1085 engine,
    GS 1100 SZ Katana with GS 1135 EFF engine, KTM Superduke 1290 R 2020

Comment

So it sounds like any reason there is to shy away from an L model will not really be an issue. Those're the spendy exhausts there, even though they look cool. There's some Vance and Hines for more around $280...

...that seems good to me, I'll probably end up wrapping them anyhow.

Hopefully the guy I'm buying from isn't 5'6" 160...:/

Which 1000 model is it that come with the spokes I could just slap right on there?

Comment

Still haven't heard much about rear sets other than the link that's on the home page. I called and left a message with him. Is he the only guy making um?

In talking with him, the bike also gas Dyna S Coils, that's a nice little perk too!
        Last edited by Guest; 07-21-2013, 03:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NateTheNewb View Post
          So it sounds like any reason there is to shy away from an L model will not really be an issue. Those're the spendy exhausts there, even though they look cool. There's some Vance and Hines for more around $280...

...that seems good to me, I'll probably end up wrapping them anyhow.

Hopefully the guy I'm buying from isn't 5'6" 160...:/

Which 1000 model is it that come with the spokes I could just slap right on there?

spokes came standard on the 1978 c models rims were alloy but not very wide
          gs750 spoke wheels go straight in but they had steel rims same width i think
          front rim is the same on gt750 waterbottle to

Comment

New 600 supersports are made to homologation ruling so they can compete in the racing classes. They all weigh between 190 and 200kg with fuel and put out around 130hp or so.

Older 1000's put out around 85 to 100hp and weigh in at around 220 to 240kg with fuel... they might be more tractable but they are not faster. They are also a lot more comfortable!

The bike you listed would be a good buy if it is in running condition and has all the spare parts, as he says.

Cheers - boingk

Comment

Originally posted by boingk View Post
              New 600 supersports are made to homologation ruling so they can compete in the racing classes. They all weigh between 190 and 200kg with fuel and put out around 130hp or so.

Older 1000's put out around 85 to 100hp and weigh in at around 220 to 240kg with fuel... they might be more tractable but they are not faster. They are also a lot more comfortable!

The bike you listed would be a good buy if it is in running condition and has all the spare parts, as he says.

Cheers - boingk

looks like we are not on the same page here...... he was asking how the GS1000 compared in power to the 1981 GS650

ozman

Comment

Ah.

Well, better everywhere then.

- boingk

Comment

Throughout the thread both comparisons were eluded to, so now both have been answered anyone chiming in on rear sets by chance ?

Comment

Working...
                  X