New or used rear brake lines 78 gs550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New or used rear brake lines 78 gs550

HI I am new to this site and I am working on a 1978 gs550 that I bought off of my uncle after it has been sitting for almost 25 years. I just installed a rebuild kit on the rear master cylinder and found the brake still didn't work. After trying to blow air through the lines I found that all three section were clogged. I hesitate to buy 35 year old parts off of eBay and NOS stuff is hard to come by. So my question is should I buy a used set of lines off of eBay and trust that they will work, or should I just make new lines for it, and if so has any one done this with success and could tell me how they did it and what they used?

Go to http://www.z1enterprises.com/ShopByC...01040401021001 and get yourself some new stainless units. Keep in mind that the fronts are likely in the same wretched condition. It's the best upgrade you can make for your brakes. Good luck with your project. Paul

Comment

There is also an eBay seller called Rennsport Auto that makes excellent-quality stainless-steel brake lines at very reasonable prices.

Regardless of the vendor, you want stainless steel lines. They work better and last a very long time. OEM rubber brake lines are supposed to be replaced every two years. That's a pain in the butt! Stay completely away from used brake lines in any case.
      Charles
      --
      1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

Working...
      X