Front Caliper Rebuild Kit for 1978 GS750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Caliper Rebuild Kit for 1978 GS750

Well I guess I am going to have to learn all the nuances to the Suzuki GS 750s to get the the front brakes operational. Where does one get a rebuild kit for the front caliper on a 1978 GS 750 with single disc? Judging from the looks of the master cylinder, and yes it was 14 mm and didn't fit the 16 mm kit I had [I chalked that one up to learning and got the 14 mm M/C kit on the way], the rest of the front brake system should be gone through. Thanks to my GS Welcome Wagon I have located a source for the stainless lines for the front, just waiting on the funds. Now all I need is to find a rebuild kit for the front brake caliper and a set of pads and I can start all over on the rear.
    The brakes on the Suzuki GS 750 will end up costing more and taking far longer, than the brake job on our Dodge dually and that included new 1 ton wheel cylinders, master cylinder and vacuum booster. Safety first, right?

You order the OEM kit (#1 on the "FRONT CARIPER" diagram) from your favorite source for genuine Suzuki parts.

The aftermarket kits are dangerous, shoddy junk.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
    X