Fork damper rod bolt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork damper rod bolt?

I have an '82 GS1100e. I see on BassCliff's chassis torque table "Front fork damper rod bolt". What and where is this?

It's not a steering dampener, is it? That's one of the few items I would consider adding to my Suzi. I'm into simplicity and saving weight - no windshields, crash bars, luggage racks, heated grips, etc.

The "Front fork damper rod bolt" has an asterisk indicating "new to Z (1982) model".

Thanks much
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

They hold the damper rods down to the bottom of the fork sliders. You do have a service manual?

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Thanks, located the damper rod (on paper). I have the Haynes, which I'm learning is not the best, and the Suzuki, which I downloaded from BassCliff. I don't think Clymer made one for the '82 1100e.
      1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Working...
      X