Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will 82 GS750E forks work on a 77 GS750E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will 82 GS750E forks work on a 77 GS750E?

I just tore my seals forks apart on my 77 GS750 and found that the reason they were leaking was because one of the POs destroyed them. I just found a set of forks from an 82 GS750 on line and Im wondering if these will fit my 77.
    Last edited by Guest; 02-14-2014, 03:23 PM.

They'll fit but your steering geometry will change and you'll have to get new calipers and discs so best avoided I would say.

What's wrong with your current forks? Fitting new seals is an easy and cheap job.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Are the 82 forks not the same diameter as the 77s? Where the seal fits in in the lower fork tube is all scratched up and gouged from when one of the previous owners replaced the seals. I had a hell of a time getting the seals out recently because whoever did the seals last put gobs of RTV in with the seals. I also want to put dual front brakes on the bike and this set of forks I found on ebay has the dual brake set up.

Comment

Should I buy this instead? http://www.ebay.com/itm/290783274330...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Or these for WAY less money.. http://www.ebay.com/itm/190958738652...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

82 GS750 Upper fork tube diameter??

Does anyone know for sure what the upper fork tube diameter is on a 1982 GS750E?

Comment

Social, there is a gentleman on GSR that has a beautiful pair of early 750 forks that are for sale at a give away price in the for sale section.
              I asked him just to sell me the TT and keep the forks as shipping would be too much for me as I already have a spare set of those for my use here.
              Look through the last week or so in the sale/parts section and you will find them and he will have a good reason to sell me just the trees.

Comment

I need the brakes too. There are brakes and forks off an 82 on ebay for $105 shipped...

Comment

Working...
                X