Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tires for GS1100E

Good morning

Looking for new tires on that project. The ones installed on the bike are coded PKE 444...Which would be, week 44 of 1994 !!!

Looking for a comfort ride and good handling. Michelin's maybe? What would be your choice?

Pirelli
    Bridgestone
    Dunlop
    Avon
    Metzler

and so on....

check out Pete's Superbike, http://www.petes-superbike.com/index.php

or Canada Motorcycle http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/

Comment

yes for those companies, but which do you prefer for comfort?

Comment

Avon Road Riders

Comment

I'll get a quote for those Avon. after searching the forum, they seems to be the most recommended here!

Comment

I have been running Avon Roadriders on my 750 (second set) and my 1100. I recently went to the Pirelli Sport Demons on the 1100...like them a lot, even more than the Avons. Doubt they will last as long (got 13000-14000kms out of the last pair) but they handle better and the grip is awesome. I will put them on my 750 when ready. Tire is virtually the same price too.
            Last edited by trevor; 02-24-2014, 10:45 PM.
            No signature

Comment

DO NOT subject road riders to below freezing temps. Im on my 3rd rear in 3 years and every spring it has sidewall cracks. I bet the one I have on there now will be the same as it has gone to -22f. Interesting though the front does not crack .

Sorry, Back to your tire thread.....
              82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I have Avon Road Riders on both my GS1100E and GS1000E, haven't used anything else, and if I keep my bikes I'll only buy more.
                I live in Florida so I'm not concerned cracking do to the cold.
                sigpic
                Steve
                "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Comment

I ordered an Avon Road Rider 4.00V-18 yesterday from Motorcycle Super Store.

Seems this size is back ordered. Unfortunately, you don't find that out until after the order is placed. If you are in a hurry, you might want to order by phone to be sure it is stocked.

Comment

Shinko 230's are low cost but pretty good quality.
                    Soft and sticky.......good handling but wear out very very fast.
                    They are on my 1100e now. I am a moderate/ ocassionally aggressive rider.
                    I will install a second new rear to get the second half of life out of the front tire ,but will likely change brands to a longer wearing set once this set is done.

Comment

Working...
                    X