No announcement yet.

No brake fluid movement in MC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just rebuilt my caliper/MC and ran into the same scenario. Remove the handle and use a flathead screwdriver to push the piston; you'll see tiny bubbles coming out that second hole...that's the air being released and fluid making it's way through the line.

I also used a pump you can see in this thread: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...=216696&page=3

It has a reservoir so pumping in wasn't too messy. Take a look at some of the notes eil wrote. Good luck.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
    Originally posted by GSXR7ED
    Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

If you can't get a wire through the hole keep in mind it might be blocked permanently. I had an MC a few years ago without a hole in that port and needed a machine shop to drill it out. You'll need them as you won't be able to find a bit small enough available in the regular world.
      Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
      1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
      2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
      Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
      and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

Tiniest Hole Ever

Man, that sucks if you have to poke the tiniest hole ever with a wire. The only way I was able to see it was during the time I pumped the brake handle after using the suction tool.

What I did was soak the MC in Safety Kleen for 8hrs.....4 days straight! So any residual elements were washed away. Is this something you would consider?

I had the time because I rebuilt the Caliper & MC and installed a braided line. I will tell you the change has made a GREAT improvement to my stopping power.

It took me several Weeks to complete this task but it was worth the wait.

Ed
        GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
        GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)
        Forums are pretty much unrecognizable conversations; simply because it's a smorgasbord of feedback...from people we don't know. It's not too difficult to ignore the things that need to be bypassed.

Comment

Torch tip cleaner or the tiny metric drill bits that are for sale on Ebay?

Comment

Gentlemen, we have braking!
            A big syringe and some Teflon tape did the job.
            when i started pulling liquid with the syringe i realized the bleeder is not sealing 100%, so iv'e wrapped some Teflon around it and then the air bubble dance relay got going, after sucking about 3 50ml syringes i got just liquid.
            the handle feels great and i'll see if it keeps pressure for couple of days before testing on the road.
            Again, thanks for all the good advice i got here
            Eran

Comment

Now take a bungee cord and tie back the lever over night. Pump the master till its as hard as it can get, hold the lever against the bars and wrap it up. Youll have the best brakes ever when you remove the bungee in the morning.
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

^^It's always good to figure it out yourself. The advice here is great, I must agree!

Ed
                GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Buy a Mighty Vac folks.........skip all the BS from the get-go.
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Mightier than the Vacuum Cleaner

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                    Buy a Mighty Vac folks.........skip all the BS from the get-go.
                    Yes Chuck,

We learned our lesson but as you know, you never forget your FIRST TIME.

Ed
                    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

True...but i dont call my Mighty Vac KIM either....LOL

Comment

Meh, I have a Mighty Vac, usually don't even bother getting it out for brakes.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

My first was Rena

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                          True...but i dont call my Mighty Vac KIM either....LOL
                          Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                          Meh, I have a Mighty Vac, usually don't even bother getting it out for brakes.
                          You two are hilarious! Thanks.

Ed
                          GSX-R750Y (Sold)

Comment

Working...
                          X