Hagon rear shocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hagon rear shocks

I am thinking about buying Hagons for my GS550. Just the standard Hagon's. I will not ride with a passenger so I was thinking about which spring to have fitted. The standard spring os okay for riders from 75 to a 100 kg but I read on here that some say the Hagon's are a bit hard.
    Which Hagons did you have fitted to your GS550 and what do you think of them?
    When I asked the main agent in the Netherlands they said that they didn't get these sort of complaints about them.

Originally posted by Ton1959 View Post
    I am thinking about buying Hagons for my GS550. Just the standard Hagon's. I will not ride with a passenger so I was thinking about which spring to have fitted. The standard spring os okay for riders from 75 to a 100 kg but I read on here that some say the Hagon's are a bit hard.
    Which Hagons did you have fitted to your GS550 and what do you think of them?
    When I asked the main agent in the Netherlands they said that they didn't get these sort of complaints about them.
    Hagons are fine - I've never found them too hard. The only complaint I have about them is that the chrome on the springs isn't as good as it used to be and if you don't keep them clean in the winter they'll get pitted.
    Last edited by hampshirehog; 03-02-2014, 08:40 AM.
    79 GS1000S
    79 GS1000S (another one)
    80 GSX750
    80 GS550
    80 CB650 cafe racer
    75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
    75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Now that sounds good to me. Now I noticed on some photo's that it is a straight spring and on some photo's the spring is a bit fatter in the middle. Which one do you have or does it not matter?

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
      Hagons are fine - I've never found them too hard. The only complaint I have about them is that the chrome on the springs isn't as good as it used to be and if you don't keep them clean in the winter they'll get pitted.

Comment

The 35003SA model with the black bodies. They didn't have the stainless ones when I last bought some but I would have thought for £40 it would be worth the extra.
        79 GS1000S
        79 GS1000S (another one)
        80 GSX750
        80 GS550
        80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

Is the black paint not so good or just for looks you mean?

Originally posted by hampshirehog View Post
          The 35003SA model with the black bodies. They didn't have the stainless ones when I last bought some but I would have thought for £40 it would be worth the extra.

Comment

They make the shock bodies in four different levels of damping, they are sort of hard, really hard, hard as FvcK, and way too Fvcking hard.

Get the right ones.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I haven't heard of these 4 levels of damping on a standard shocker from Hagon.

Comment

They have different names for them, but they do come in four levels. Do a little research, they like to sell the stiff ones.

Comment

I did look into them butno mention of 4 levels. I can't find it on their site where does your info come from?
                  Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                  They have different names for them, but they do come in four levels. Do a little research, they like to sell the stiff ones.

Comment

I did look into them butno mention of 4 levels. I can't find it on their site where does your info come from?
                    From a guy who sells them.

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
                      From a guy who sells them.
                      I asked the main agent here. They can supply with other springs but not damping levels . I also checked on the UK site but no mention about that. Do youhave them fitted on your bike?

Comment

If you phone Hagon in the UK they'll sort out exactly the shocks you want. The black finish is ok but the stainless is just better in my opinion.
                        79 GS1000S
                        79 GS1000S (another one)
                        80 GSX750
                        80 GS550
                        80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

I asked the main agent here. They can supply with other springs but not damping levels . I also checked on the UK site but no mention about that. Do youhave them fitted on your bike?
                          I did, a GS 650G. Sold the bike, partly because of the ride, partly because I got tired of it. The spring rates were fine, damping was way hard. Just way too much compression damping. Thisis when I started asking about the different damping rates. Apparently a lot of riders enjoy getting their asses and backbones pounded.

Now have the Hagons with the adjustable damping now on my 550, much better if you turn the damping way down. Set up to six or eight it's bone jarring just like the first pair.

Comment

I will check with Hagon UK again. I think that if they have other damping levels it should be on their site. I can't find it though. I have seen their latest shocher which had adjustable damping. But nothing about in on the others.

Comment

I will check with Hagon UK again. I think that if they have other damping levels it should be on their site.
                              I would have thought so too, but they hid it pretty well. On the other hand you can't expect them to use the same level of damping for a GS 250 with a 110 lb rider and a fat guy and his fat wife on an 1100GK.

Comment

Working...
                              X