adjustable damping rear shock disassembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adjustable damping rear shock disassembly

Hi, has anyone managed to take of the spring off a "adjustable damping" rear shock? i have a gs650 and can't figure out how to take the spring off the shock to clean it up. The problem comes from fact that they have the adjustable damping mechanism, so when i compress the spring, the retaining plate falls out but the shock cap still prevents the spring from coming out.

Anyone have any experience with this? I looked online for these Showa shock manuals but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance!

Thank you very much Grand Rouge! I tried unscrewing the jamb nut but it wouldn't budge, the difficulty also came from the fact that you have to both compress the spring and fix the eye in place to rotate the jamb nut. I'll try some penetrating oils and try it again.

My spring compressor is hand actuated so i need to apply lots of force to keep it compressed, is there an easy jig i could make to fix the spring in a short configuration. I can weld one up but maybe there's something even simpler i can do?

Comment

You can try the small type ratchet straps to compress the spring, work well on an XJR rear shock.

Comment

Working...
      X