GS650 rear master cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS650 rear master cylinder

So the rear master cylinder on my bike has been frozen since I got the bike, so I bought a used one on eBay hoping to make 1 good one out of the 2. Should have known better....the eBay one is just as bad. I'm all for rebuilding one, but I've tried filling the bore with penetrating oil, as well as soaking the disassembled cylinder in Berrymans. Neither method has worked so far. Anyone have any tricks for this? Didn't know if heat was an option, or maybe compressed air (through banjo bolt opening maybe)?

So you can't move the piston in either m/c ? I'd try ebay again and hope for better luck this time ;how about ebay item#151249056245

sorta looks OK- ask seller if piston moves somewhat
    1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

I have one for a 650 L if you are interested.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Originally posted by tom203 View Post
        So you can't move the piston in either m/c ? I'd try ebay again and hope for better luck this time ;how about ebay item#151249056245

sorta looks OK- ask seller if piston moves somewhat
        Unless I'm doing something wrong, yes neither pistons will move. I pull the rubber boot off, take out the circlip, and the yoke/rubber boot comes off in one piece. Once I'm in there it should be the piston, then the spring and spring, right? All I see once the yoke is off is a concave surface which I assume is the top of the piston; both master cylinders this surface is stuck in place.

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        I have one for a 650 L if you are interested.
        PM sent

Comment

Still looking for one. Apparently there are only a few models that are compatible:

Alpha-Sports

- Part Number Cross-Reference - Where Used

Part Number or Accessory Name

1981 SUZUKI GS650GLX - REAR MASTER CYLINDER
          1982 SUZUKI GS650GLZ - REAR MASTER CYLINDER
          1982 SUZUKI GS650GZ - REAR MASTER CYLINDER
          1983 SUZUKI GS650GD - REAR MASTER CYLINDER
          1983 SUZUKI GS650GLD - REAR MASTER CYLINDER

Comment

Bumpin' this one up. I have quite a few parts from an 1100GK as well, if someone would want to trade. Engine parts, shaft drive parts, wheels, shocks, foot pegs, etc.

Comment

Bumping this one again. Been scouring eBay, can't seem to even find ONE listed.

Comment

Heck at this point spray it down with PB blaster again and wack it with a hammer to break the piston free. Work it in and out a bit and see if it comes out.
                Don't have much to lose. Its already "junk" ....its Sunday....go fiddle around in the garaga

Comment

Took a while to find it, but I think I got one. See pic ( iPad mini is fighting me) PM me
                  1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

Awesome, PM sent!

Comment

I did respond
                      1981 gs650L

Comment

Working...
                      X