What causes handlebar shaking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dorkburger View Post
    A quick note on greasing roller type bearings....Its possible to overgrease them and cause early failure due to overheating. We come across this semi regularly in hvac service when overzealous techs get crazy with the grease gun, particularly in fan/blower applications.
    I was talking mostly about the swing-arm needle bearings...since Bill was very overzealous with the grease. When I asked why, he said, "you can't have enough grease in there".

Now as for the F/R axles, there may be a limit--I'll let you know when I expose the bearings. (And also check the "How To" manuals on BassCliff's site)

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
    You think that can happen in a steering head or swingarm bearing that only moves a little bit instead of spinning constantly?
    Good point.

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
      You think that can happen in a stering head or swingarm bearing that only moves a little bit instead of spinning constantly?
      Swingarm and steering head bearings would be fine I think. My comment was aimed at bearings under load and at speed.
      sigpic
      When consulting the magic 8 ball for advice, one must first ask it "will your answers be accurate?"

Glen
      -85 1150 es - Plus size supermodel.
      -Rusty old scooter.
      Other things I like to photograph.....instagram.com/gs_junkie
      https://www.instagram.com/glen_brenner/
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/152267...7713345317771/

Comment

Working...
      X