Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fork oil capacity

Hello all,

I have a simple question, but one I haven't found the answer for. I tried searching this site but kept getting an error message, so apologies for any cross posting.

I'm in Australia, have a 1982 GSX1100EZ, and need to know what the fork oil capacity is.

Thanks so much, Alex
    Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2014, 05:53 AM.

Morning Drum; Go to http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff and download the service manual (GSX and GS and the same bike) for your model; you'll find it in there.
    Cowboy Up or Quit. - Run Free Lou and Rest in Peace

1981 GS550T - My First
    1981 GS550L - My Eldest Daughter's - Now Sold
    2007 GSF1250SA Bandit - My touring bike

Sit tall in the saddle Hold your head up high
    Keep your eyes fixed where the trail meets the sky and live like you ain't afraid to die
    and don't be scared, just enjoy your ride - Chris Ledoux, "The Ride"

Comment

I just changed mine sunday.
      The manual for my 750 gave a measurement below the top of the fork with the springs removed.
      Took a vacume cleaner, a can, a length of fuel hose, a washer, tape and a piece of foam large enough to go over can.

Put foam on top of can and spin until can cuts foam enough to sit on without falling off.
      Cut hole through foam large enough to insert vacuum hose so it sits above can opening.
      Drill a hole to pass fuel hose through.
      Run hose to bottom of can.
      On other end of hose tape your washer at the height you need oil level at.
      Insert hose down fork as far as washer and turn on vacuum.

Works real well to bleed breaks too.

Comment

Thank you all very much :-)

Comment

Working...
        X