where do Canadians buy Tires?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where do Canadians buy Tires?

Hey Guys, I'm saving up for some new Bridgestone Battlaxe BT-45's, I was just curious where fellow GS'ers buy their tires online? Its's for a 78 GS750?
    So far the best place I've seen is at www.canadasmotorcycle.ca, they have free shipping too.

I use Pete's Superbike.......
    Order the top brands of Motorcycle Tires, Helmets, Jackets, Pants, Boots, Gloves & Accessories with the lowest prices and fast FedEX shipping in Canada! With tons of inventory ready to ship and live stock access from all the big names like Alpinestars, Scott, Michelin, Pirelli, Dunlop, Anlas, Avon, Bridgestone, Continental, Dunlop, Kenda, Metzeler, Shinko and Heidenau.
    Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time
    Originally Posted by Schweisshund I mean, sure, guns were used in some of these mass shootings, but not all of them
    1983 GS 750

Comment

When I was looking they had the best online price in Canada. I live near the Detroit/Windsor border so I compared canadasmotorcycle to bikebandit. Bikebandit has free shipping in the US so I priced them out shipped to detroitmailbox.com (I live near the Detroit/Windsor border). When I added the exchange rate, the toll charges each way and the $5 fee at detroitmailbox the price was cheaper than canadasmotorcycle. BUT that's if you don't get hauled in at customs. If you do, and have to pay the HST, then the price was about the same. Factor in my time and canadasmotorcycle was a better choice.

Having said all that, I don't have to tools or skills to mount my own tires so have to pay a shop to do it. The best price I could find locally was $30 per tire, installed and balanced. When I add this cost to the cost of the tires from either canadasmotorcycle or bikebandit I'm better off buying direct from my local dealer where installation and balancing is included.

Cheers!
      K

Comment

A couple of regular places

or

and I use these guys to bring them across to the Island for me. There's lots of company's that have a US mailing address to take advantage of the USA prices and free shipping deals, then they charge you a small fee to bring it across.

Seawings Express is a Canada Customs Bonded Carrier offering freight forwarding & cross-border shipping with fast daily service from Blaine to Victoria, BC.
        Rob
        1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

That's what I'm debating, I don't have a place to install the tires myself so I'm either debating on bringing my bike to the dealer and have them remove, mount,balance and re-install or just bring my tires in loose.
          While I have you guys here, can someone confirm if a 78 GS750 spoke rim has a tube? I'm pretty it does and if so should I buy new ones with new tire purchase?
          Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2014, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I have only bought one tire online before

good experience free shipping on orders over 100 dollars

Comment

Originally posted by one_civic View Post
              That's what I'm debating, I don't have a place to install the tires myself so I'm either debating on bringing my bike to the dealer and have them remove, mount,balance and re-install or just bring my tires in loose.
              While I have you guys here, can someone confirm if a 78 GS750 spoke rim has a tube? I'm pretty it does and if so should I buy new ones with new tire purchase?
              To the best of my knowledge. there's no such thing as a tubeless spoke wheel, only cast wheels can run tubeless-
              sigpicSome of the totally committed probably should be.
              '58 + '63 Vespa 150's' (London, GB/RI, US)
              '67 X6 T20 ('67 Long Beach, Ca.- misty-eyed)
              '71 Kaw. A1-ugh ('71 SF, CA- worked @ Kaw dlr)
              '66 Yam. YL1('72 SF-commuter beater)
              '73 Kaw. S2A-2Xugh ('73 SF-still parts slave)
              '78 GS 750C ('77 SF-old faithful-killed by son)
              '81 KZ 750E ('81 SF-back to Kaw. dlr)
              '81 GS 650G ('08 back to NE&ME- (project)
              '82 GS '82 (2) GS650GZ, L, Middlebury, G current

Comment

that's what I thought, thank you recycled64,
                Can anyone recommend any other brand of tires? I have a local motorcycle garage recommending michelin pilot activ and commander II tires, does anyone have any experience with michelin tires compared to bridgestone?

Comment

I have only known one bike to have spoked wheels and tubless tires, and the Suzuki GS is NOT it.

sigpic
                  mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                  hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                  #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                  #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                  Family Portrait
                  Siblings and Spouses
                  Mom's first ride
                  Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                  (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You better check with the dealer for the charge for mounting. In a lot of cases, they will charge you 3 or 4 times the normal rate if the tire is not bought from them. Pretty much standard practice these days. You would be better to use an independent or even place a help wanted ad on Kijiji.

I have a local independent that will do them for $50 a pair. The local dealer wanted $75 a tire if I brought them in.

Best to check around.

Comment

Oh based on that thread title, I was expecting a hilarious punch line...

Comment

I just called, I'm going to bring them in loose,

Comment

What about tire brands, what does everyone use? I know this will stir the bucket but I'm only familiar with the Bridgestone BT-45's?
                          Last edited by Guest; 05-13-2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

go to http://www.petes-superbike.com/index.php

at the far right you will see Enter Tire Size, put it in the size you want and it will tell you the tires available in the size your looking for from the brands that have it

Comment

What about tire brands, what does everyone use? I know this will stir the bucket but I'm only familiar with the Bridgestone BT-45's?
                              I did not like the bt 45s at all.
                              Avon road riders or Perilli sport demons are my suggestions.
                              No signature

Comment

Working...
                              X