Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trevor View Post
    I did not like the bt 45s at all.
    Avon road riders or Perilli sport demons are my suggestions.
    now you say something....and I just got the BT45's for the FZ.....

I would have gone with the Pirelli, Dunlops, but they did not have the one up size I wanted for the rear....bummer....

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
      now you say something....and I just got the BT45's for the FZ.....

I would have gone with the Pirelli, Dunlops, but they did not have the one up size I wanted for the rear....bummer....

Lol...I only got 6000kms out of my rear tire and they were slick in the rain.
      I am trying the sport demons on my 1100 right now and love them. Doubt I will get the Ks out of them like the Avons though.
      No signature :(

Comment

Perfect, keep the options coming, Pete's superbike has the best prices so far on tires but they do not have a lot in stock for a rear tire

Comment

Phone his 800 number and ask him if he can,and how long to get them. He's a fast shipper.
          Plus 1 on the Sport Demons Trev.
          Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
          https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by trevor View Post
            Lol...I only got 6000kms out of my rear tire and they were slick in the rain.
            I am trying the sport demons on my 1100 right now and love them. Doubt I will get the Ks out of them like the Avons though.
            6K, that's gonna take me 3 years to do.....LOL

and I don't ride in the rain, ya ya no snide comments.....

the sport demons I have on the GS, nice friggen tire.....very grippy for sure...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by GateKeeper View Post
              6K, that's gonna take me 3 years to do.....LOL

and I don't ride in the rain, ya ya no snide comments.....

the sport demons I have on the GS, nice friggen tire.....very grippy for sure...

Cheers
              Lol...oh don't get me wrong..I don't ride in the rain either but I sure get caught in it a lot.
              No signature :(

Comment

Originally posted by recycled64 View Post
                To the best of my knowledge. there's no such thing as a tubeless spoke wheel, only cast wheels can run tubeless-
                FYI: This is how the bmw gs spoked wheels are built so they can run tubeless tires . . .

Comment

Where do Canadians buy tires???? DUHHH.....CANADIAN TIRE of course.
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

I am a big fan of the BT45.
                    Great grip but not the greatest tread life.
                    For everyday riding i would look at the Bridgestone S11.
                    Good grip with great tread life.
                    I have bought 6 tires from Petes and been very happy.
                    Maybe you could go for a road trip and get them mounted there.
                    2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

Cheaper to ship them from Pete's, just not a lot of selection for rear tires at the moment, I was gonna buy the bt-45's but was pursueded to buy Michelin pilot activ from an experienced motorcycle mechanic

Comment

Working...
                      X