No announcement yet.

Tires for GS850?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Shinko 230's on the rear of both of my bikes and am getting ready to replace the front on my 1000G. They're V rated which adds a little more margin of safety over the H rated tires IMHO. So far I'm happy with the ride. Picked up the rear tire for $72 delivered from www.motorcycle-superstore.com. They were running a Memorial Day special on free shipping. Tires arrived 4 days after I ordered them. They offer free shipping on all orders over $89 so you would easily meet that with a front and rear tire combo. Front Shinko 230 in 110/90V-19 is currently $59.
    Last edited by JTGS850GL; 06-03-2014, 11:28 AM.
    [IMG]http://img633.imageshack.us/img633/811/douMvs.jpg[/IMG]
    1980 GS1000GT (Daily rider with a 1983 1100G engine)
    1998 Honda ST1100 (Daily long distance rider)
    1982 GS850GLZ (Daily rider when the weather is crap)

Darn, with so many daily riders it's hard to decide which one to jump on next.;)

JTGS850GL aka Julius

[URL="http://members.dslextreme.com/users/bikecliff/images/GSR_Greeting.html"]GS Resource Greetings
    [/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by sxrupert8 View Post
      I just bought a set of Avon Roadrider's
      Supposedly the AM26 sidewall was reformulated in 2013 for more flexibility. Or as I call it.....to prevent cracks. Look for a XX13 date code.
      82 1100 EZ (red)

[COLOR=Blue]"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY [/COLOR]

Comment

Just yesterday replaced my GS850G 30+ year old Dunlop Touring Elite's with Avon AM26 Roadriders, got them on-line and had them mounted at a local shop (the two-man shop where both of the guys are older than the bike, not the multi-brand dealer where the kids are not). Wow! 20 mile test ride around town and the difference is amazing. The Dunlops still had ok tread, but were starting to show small cracks at the base of the tread blocks. Also, could feel every crack in the road, so the rubber was pretty hard. The Roadriders are very smooth, look great, and I think will preform well once they get scuffed up a bit more...

As an aside, I did a search on 'grease' on these threads, and found some good advice (I hope!) on what to use on the rear wheel drive spline. There was plenty of blackish goo on the spline when I took it apart, but I hate to not clean it up and put new goo on it while its apart. The consensus seems to be Honda Moly 60 Paste, so I went searching. None of the local autoparts or big box stores had it, so I went to the dealer and one of the kids said 'that sounds familiar', and found it on a hook behind the counter. Bless those kids! Package was pretty dusty, so they don't sell much of it (and a tube is a lifetime supply, as noted).

And that's all I'm goin' to say about that! (F. Gump)

Cheers!

Comment

Riding round on 30+ yrs old rubber Your lucky your still here to talk about it

Comment

Originally posted by Chris G View Post
            Riding round on 30+ yrs old rubber Your lucky your still here to talk about it
            Amen to that!

Comment

Working...
            X