Front Progressive springs for 78 750

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Progressive springs for 78 750

Hey guys, I was just wondering what is the correct front Progressive Springs part # for a 1978 750?

Their website says its #11-1108 but that's for a 1978 750E, my bike isn't a 750E but just a stock 750 with wire wheels and single front disc?

I assume that they will fit considering both bikes have 35mm forks, but just wanted to confirm this with some experts,

I'm going to replace the fork seals too, should I replace them with OEM seals or is their an equivalent quality aftermarket one?

Cheers

You're right in your thinking, the forks are the same so those springs will work for you bike. Buy OEM fork seals, they're not much more and they always seem to seal well. Have a look at your dust boots as well, make sure they are not so cracked that they would allow dirt in there.
    Rob
    1983 1100ES, 98' ST1100, 02' DR-Z400E and a few other 'bits and pieces'
    Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Thanks azr, what's a good site to buy OEM seals? That also ships to canada without custom's fee's?

Comment

I always use partsoutlaw (aka Suzuki boulevard), when ever you're having things shipped from the US just make sure they use USPS for shipping, any other company will charge your a customs handling fee at the door. For the seals just get your local Suzuki dealer to order you a set, they might be a more $$ but if you ad in the shipping from the states it'll be the same or less, they might even have them in stock. Any US items less than $50 has not customs charge but Fedex, UPS and shipping companys other than USPS will charge you a handling charge, I've had $40 on a $25 dollar part once
        Rob
        Are you on the GSR Google Earth Map yet? http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=170533

Comment

Hey quick question. Why are you putting progressive springs in instead of Sonic springs? just making sure you've thought about the difference
          Rob

Comment

Sonic .

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Last time I checked sonic springs did not have a listing for a 78 750

Comment

What's the difference between sonic springs and progressive aside from the price?

Comment

Sonic are straight rate springs, made and sold by a GSR member.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Then I must be mistaken by them not having a set for my bike, what's sonic springs user name? I would rather my money go to a forum member anyday

Comment

That would be me.
                      We have them for the 750, listed as 750E in the catalog but they do fit your bike.
                      '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Perfect, Thank you.
                        I was not sure and sent you an e-mail to your company today. I guess I will have to install PVC spacers with the new springs as well?

Comment

Originally posted by one_civic View Post
                          Perfect, Thank you.
                          I was not sure and sent you an e-mail to your company today. I guess I will have to install PVC spacers with the new springs as well?
                          Yes, we supply the PVC and instructions on cutting it to the correct length.
                          '20 Ducati Multistrada 1260S, '93 Ducati 750SS, '01 SV650S, '07 DL650, '01 DR-Z400S, '80 GS1000S, '85 RZ350

Comment

Perfect, just about ready to place my order,

Comment

Working...
                            X