79 GS750 brake rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

79 GS750 brake rotors

Hi everyone, i have a 79 GS750 with the dual front disks. I can find pads for the front and rear but cannot for the life of me find Rotors. Anyone know a good place to find rotors for these old bikes? Thanks for your time
    Last edited by Guest; 07-02-2014, 02:59 PM.

Originally posted by coeybobby View Post
    Hi everyone, i have a 79 GS750 with the dual front disks. I can find pads for the front and rear but cannot for the life of me find Rotors. Anyone know a good place to find rotors for these old bikes? Thanks for your time
    Or better question does anyone know where to buy new. Or what specs i would need to match to buy new

Comment

The more info i look up im seeing that the 79 rotors have been discontinued by Suzuki. So is there a later models brake rotor thats still in production that fits a '79? If not anyone have personal experience on what rotors are good to swap them with... Any help is greatly appreciated

Comment

Are you sure your old rotors are non-serviceable? Or are you looking to upgrade your system?
        1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by steveb922 View Post
          Are you sure your old rotors are non-serviceable? Or are you looking to upgrade your system?
          I was under the impression that you cannot "turn" a motorcycle disk, or wouldn't want too.... if I can do that then yes my front rotors will most likely be serviceable. The rear however is completely shot...

Comment

Sorry, my question wasn't very clear - what is the problem with your current rotors?
            1980 GS550ET

Comment

Originally posted by steveb922 View Post
              Sorry, my question wasn't very clear - what is the problem with your current rotors?
              I just bought the bike a week ago. She needs alot of work. Debris definetly got lodged in the rear rotor and gouged the hell out of the rear rotor.

Comment

Working...
              X