Tire sizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tire sizes

What's the best tire setup for my '82 GS750E? I really like the Michelin Pilot Roads. They seem to be great overall, especially for wet. Suggestions?

Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    What's the best tire setup for my '82 GS750E? I really like the Michelin Pilot Roads. They seem to be great overall, especially for wet. Suggestions?
    Go with something you are comfortable with, front tire can be either 90/90/19 or 100/90/19, rear you can go one size wider though that is about it. And keep the tires matched.
    sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
    1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
    2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

My rear is a 110. I can't remember the front off the top of my head though.

Comment

My rear is a 110. I can't remember the front off the top of my head though.
        110? I would have thought your rear would had been a 120 or 130, the 110 seems a bit narrow to me.

Not able to recall what my rear is, though kind of think it is a 120.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

I like the crisper handling with 90/90-19 and 110 or 120/90-18 rears. There aren't any radials available in those sizes.

Avon Roadrider, Shinko 230, Pirelli Sport Demon if you like to ride fast in corners. They are newer tire designs and materials in our old skinny sizes. If you don't care about that there are a lot of old school options, some are good and some (Kenda) are bad.
          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

I think I would go with either the Avon or Pirelli. I've heard good things about both. I see that the Pilot Road's are not available for my bikes wheel size.

Comment

I think I would go with either the Avon or Pirelli. I've heard good things about both. I see that the Pilot Road's are not available for my bikes wheel size.
              There are plenty of threads but many prefer the avon for the much enhanced Mileage with minimum trade in performance, although beware of the cracking sidewall mystery.

Comment

Working...
              X