Race tech .90 fork springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Race tech .90 fork springs

Any thoughts on RaceTech .90 fork springs for the bike below? 175 lbs all geared up.

Original rate is .575; RaceTech non-progressive springs for the bike are available from .80 to 1.0, IIRC.
    1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post
    Any thoughts on RaceTech .90 fork springs for the bike below? 175 lbs all geared up.

Original rate is .575; RaceTech non-progressive springs for the bike are available from .80 to 1.0, IIRC.
    They have a spreadsheet to calf spring rate on the rT website.

Comment

I saw those on CL also, butneed 1.0 or 1.1. Sonic or progressives are about $20 more brand new, but I don't know if they are any different than that brand.
      82 gs1100e FAUX Skunk
      80 gs1000s

Comment

Originally posted by Rob S. View Post

Years ago I modified a set of Progressive springs to get a rate of 0.92kg/mm for my 1100E. They were still too soft for my taste, but that is all there was available at the time. Personally I would go with 1.0kg/mm springs myself for your weight.

Mark
        1982 GS1100E
        1998 ZX-6R
        2005 KTM 450EXC

Comment

I'm getting .90 spring rate for my 550 and about the same weight geared up, maybe a shade less. I want a good firm ride. I'd think it'd be too soft for your bike.
          Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

Originally posted by Missile99 View Post
            I'd think it'd be too soft for your bike.
            Hope not.

We could always add a few pounds of air (I was running high 20 pounds to keep from bottoming out!)

The plan is to try running her with zero air.
            1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

It might be just fine for you and better than your old stuff even without any added air pressure. My setup will be quite stiff and your bike really isn't that much heavier.
              Erik

1982 GS550M

Dyna S, Dyna greens, coil relay mod w/LED, Sonic Springs (.90)

Comment

I'm going to be like a kid in a candy store - oil cooler, new fork springs, tires, sprockets and chain, maybe new wheel bearings, stock horn repaired and even new hand grips!

I won't know where to look first. I guess I'll just...ride. With an eye on my newly lowered oil temps (I hope!).

Comment

Working...
                X