Gs750d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs750d

Hi, Can anyone tell me if the front brake caliper's on a 1978 GS750D are the same as would be fitted on a
    GS1000E 1978/79/80 Please.

I am looking for a seal kit, and have found one on Ebay that is listed for the GS1000E from powerhouse-uk

Cheers
    Mitch..

I believe calipers for the 750/1000 for 78 and 79 are the same. The 1980 is definitely different. Most of the stuff on ebay is for 1980 and a few years after that. Make sure you carefully check what he is selling. If you're not sure post a link to it here.
    '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Hi Sandy,
      Thanks for the info, this is the link for what I am looking at on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151192458473

Comment

I just checked some part numbers from the Alpha-sports website and it shows different part numbers for seals between the 750 and 1000 calipers. Also it appears the seal is the same for the 1000 for 78 to 80 but the outer seal is different. Maybe somebody with some actual hands on experience can chime in here on the differences.
        '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

According to Sirius their kit will work on both 750 and 1000.
          Not sure what your "D" designates?
          2@ \'78 GS1000

Comment

The Sirius kit you are referring to is for the REAR brake, I am after the info for the FRONT.
            My bike is a UK 1978 GS750 D, (that's what is says in the log book) with spoke wheels and a double disc on the front, with the round pads.

Comment

Originally posted by madmitch2006 View Post
              The Sirius kit you are referring to is for the REAR brake, I am after the info for the FRONT.
              My bike is a UK 1978 GS750 D, (that's what is says in the log book) with spoke wheels and a double disc on the front, with the round pads.
              Your bike is a 750DB. D denotes the twin discs when fitted to spoked wheels and B the model year. The 1000 and 750 shared the same calipers for that model.

Be careful about buying pattern brake seals - some are rubbish and swell up on contact with brake fluid. OEM aren't much more expensive and the quality is guaranteed. And they'll last another 30 years or so.......
              79 GS1000S
              79 GS1000S (another one)
              80 GSX750
              80 GS550
              80 CB650 cafe racer
              75 PC50 - the one with OHV and pedals...
              75 TS100 - being ridden (suicidally) by my father

Comment

Cheers, Where would I get OEM seals from ? Could I just walk into my local Suzuki dealer and order some ?

Comment

It depends on your local dealer. The part number always helps - you need 59107-18410.

I usually use Robinsons for online OEM £6 each:

You might need the boots as well.
                  79 GS1000S
                  79 GS1000S (another one)
                  80 GSX750
                  80 GS550
                  80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

Yes, need the boots as well, I might even need the pistons because they are border line re-useable

Comment

Originally posted by madmitch2006 View Post
                      Yes, need the boots as well, I might even need the pistons because they are border line re-useable
                      if they're borderline then I would chuck them. Any spots at all and they'll fail. Stainless non OEM is the way to go and they'll last forever (and you don't need the boots then either).

wemoto do the stainless pistons as part of a kit (and their seals are fine as well).

For the very best quality, really reliable motorcycle parts, spares and motorbike service equipment for a Suzuki GS 750 DB 1977 have a look at the Wemoto website!

or or speak to Nick Chambers at RD Bitz - if he's got them they'll be a fair bit cheaper:

Last edited by hampshirehog; 08-17-2014, 01:32 PM.
                      79 GS1000S
                      79 GS1000S (another one)
                      80 GSX750
                      80 GS550
                      80 CB650 cafe racer

Comment

Ta very much for your help, for that money I will fit new piston
                        I will get onto them tomorrow after work

Comment

Working...
                        X