JBS suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JBS suspension

Has anyone tried these shocks? I am curious as to the quality, and I know you get what you pay for, but aesthetically, they have eyeball for a cool build. Some input needed.

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for SUZUKI GS1000/G 340mm JBS REAR AIR NITROGEN CELL SHOCK ABSORBERS G at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

T.

Not sure on that particular set but I've seen a few reviews here for the Chinese piggyback shocks and people seemed ok with them aside from stating that a proper rebuild and fluid were necessary for proper performance.Something to do with poor quality o-rings and dampening fluid I think.

Comment

There was a posting/thread from down under recently that reviewed them if you can find it.

Comment

That's it? No one??

Comment

You said it when you said you get what you pay for. That said, they are cheap enough to try 'em as an experiment. But they will never have the cashe of real Ohlins, etc.

Comment

That's ok, I am building this bike for eyeball appeal, as I intend to flip it once done. I want it to look good, without breaking the bank.

T.

Comment

I ordered a pair 6 months ago from JBS (Jap Bike Spares) in Australia. The general consensus is that they are made to JBS specs by a company in China although JBS won't confirm this. That said, the quality seems pretty good. I don't push my bike in the corners much but I do drag race & street ride sometimes 2 up & they held up just fine. Damping seems good, ride quality is certainly better than 30 year old shocks & I think they look great.
              80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

That's what I wanted to hear. Good looks, decent performance for street riding is all that's needed. Anything's better than the stock fishoil-filled shox!

T.

Comment

The TEC shocks look about the same and are a bit cheaper. Supposedly they are Chinese knockoffs upgraded in England. Heard good things about them.
                  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9zH8w8Civs8ejBJWjdvYi1LNTg&resourcekey=0-hlJp0Yc4K_VN9g7Jyy4KQg&authuser=fussbucket_1%40msn.com&usp=drive_fs
                  1983 GS750ED-Horsetraded for the Ironhead
                  1981 HD XLH

Drew's 850 L Restoration

Drew's 83 750E Project

Comment

FYI

Comment

http://chrislivengood.net/wp/ This guy tells you what's wrong with the cheaper RFY and Tec shocks and how to improve them.

Comment

I purchased a set of replacement JBS shocks for my 78 GS550e when restoring it , the originals were finished ,From memory I think about $110 for a set ,I found them pretty good and the ride was plush but they were a bit on the light side and I got a bit of bounce over the rougher road surfaces,though with the spring compression I set it didn't bottom out I though it was good but could be improved.Looking at My GS550 and my 78 Yamaha SR 500,on which I had fitted a set of YSS shocks which always seemed a too hard for comfort I decided to swap the shocks putting the JBS on the SR and the the YSS on the GS .Could not believe how good the two machines rode after the swap,The SR was spot on comfortable on my back better handling and a nice plush ride and the heavier GS was much better suited to the YSS.
                        I would say there is nothing wrong with the JBS but do the homework and get the setup right ,perhaps try the piggyback type ,I only purchased the single units with out the piggy backs .All in all I think the JBS are a good unit and would consider another set especially for the price,how long they last is yet to be known

Comment

Originally posted by Phil B View Post
                          I purchased a set of replacement JBS shocks for my 78 GS550e when restoring it , the originals were finished ,From memory I think about $110 for a set ,I found them pretty good and the ride was plush but they were a bit on the light side and I got a bit of bounce over the rougher road surfaces,though with the spring compression I set it didn't bottom out I though it was good but could be improved.Looking at My GS550 and my 78 Yamaha SR 500,on which I had fitted a set of YSS shocks which always seemed a too hard for comfort I decided to swap the shocks putting the JBS on the SR and the the YSS on the GS .Could not believe how good the two machines rode after the swap,The SR was spot on comfortable on my back better handling and a nice plush ride and the heavier GS was much better suited to the YSS.
                          Which YSS did you get? Spring rate?

I'm looking to get my GS550 to the point that I can ride it some distance, also my 750. Hagons, Ikons, Progressives, and even a set of Ohlins have all ridden ride like crap.

I wonder if these might work?
                          http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Working...
                          X