Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need a supplier for the sleeve that sits between the pivot bolt and bearing gs1100 SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a supplier for the sleeve that sits between the pivot bolt and bearing gs1100 SA

I finally got the gs1100 aluminum swinger that I bought for my gs750.
    i made sure to ask the seller if every part I needed was there, including the pivot bolt and bearings, and he assured me they were. Well, I guess he didn't lie, because he did include the bearings and pivot bolt, but he left out one of the sleeves that the needle bearings ride on. I have the centre sleeve/collar, and one of the ones that ride on the needle bearings but the other is missing.
    I've been trying to find a supplier online but I'm not having much luck, and there aren't many guys out there who have extras. Anybody have a lead on these?

They are still available new from Suzuki but what are you going to do about the difference in bolt sizes?
    I have some bearing spacers that allow the 1100 swing arm to be used with the stock 750 bolt if needed. (not cheap)

Comment

I tried to send you a pm, but your box is full. What do you consider to be not cheap?

Comment

$60.00 plus shipping. I shall try to make some room in my PM box...

Comment

Are you willing to ship to canada?

Comment

Yes but, despite it taking twice as long as it takes to ship parts to Australia and New Zealand, you have no tracking after it finally hits the border until it is delivered.

Comment

No problem. I'm close enough to the border that arrival there is like a one day warning for me here.
              my postal code is L4Z 3S2. Could you get the shipping quote when you've got a minute. I want to get this arm mounted up so my bike can roll again.

Comment

In the mail when I got home, couldn't be more stoked than I am right now

Comment

Originally posted by Danb4563 View Post
                  I finally got the gs1100 aluminum swinger that I bought for my gs750.
                  i made sure to ask the seller if every part I needed was there, including the pivot bolt and bearings, and he assured me they were. Well, I guess he didn't lie, because he did include the bearings and pivot bolt, but he left out one of the sleeves that the needle bearings ride on. I have the centre sleeve/collar, and one of the ones that ride on the needle bearings but the other is missing.
                  I've been trying to find a supplier online but I'm not having much luck, and there aren't many guys out there who have extras. Anybody have a lead on these?
                  I did the 1100E conversion on my 750E, just a word of advice, don't try drilling out the frame pivot bushings free hand. It cost me $250 to correct my f**k up. Use a hand turned reamer, keep it striaght and take your time. You only need to remove 2mms of material out of the bushings. You'll probably have to have a new 16mm bolt made because it will be about 2 1/2 too short. That is if your 750 is a 80-81 GS750E using the stock peg mounts. If not, then yer on your own dude lol.
                  sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
                  1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
                  2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

image.jpgProblem solved. I was very worried about drilling the frame, gs1000e supplied me with these. 25mm outside, 14mm inside. Frame and pivot bolt remain untouched, the sleeve takes up the extra 2mm

Comment

Working...
                    X