gs1100e swingarm to monoshock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs1100e swingarm to monoshock

I'm working on a new build and have run into some issues with the gs500 swingarm that I had intended on using and am now exploring other options.
    Has anyone modified an aluminum gs1100 swingarm to use a monoshock? Or what is the preferred swingarm to use in this case?
    This is for a gs650e and I have used a 1100 swingarm in the past on a 550 with conventional shocks so that part is easy.

Thanks

I have a 550ES with factory mono-shock set-up that might fit but it is pretty long. Have you looked into using an 1150 swing arm/shock assembly?

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
      I have a 550ES with factory mono-shock set-up that might fit but it is pretty long. Have you looked into using an 1150 swing arm/shock assembly?
      I'm also looking to stick with an aluminum unit, which narrows the selection significantly.

Comment

Reporting in after a full day of research.
        I haven't found anyone who has modified a 1100e swingarm for a monoshock.

The dimension that matters the most is the width at the pivot.
        Some narrow swingarms that I considered:

The bandit swingarm would be an easy swap.
        zrx swingarm
        an aluminum versys or steel en6r swingarm might work with some frame shaving at 9 9/16"
        also found that a lot of gsxr stuff will fit but no definitive list.

Comment

Originally posted by wegs426 View Post
          I'm also looking to stick with an aluminum unit, which narrows the selection significantly.
          Both of those are aluminum BTW.

Comment

Posplayr has a bandit swinger... took some special bushes from memory. He had eyes added for Twin shock but I think Mono would work too..
            1980 GS1000G - Sold
            1978 GS1000E - Finished!
            1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
            1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
            2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
            1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
            2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Thanks, I'm going with a gsxr600 k6 or 7 swinger which measures 225mm at the pivot.

Comment

Working...
              X