82 750t front tire sticking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've Got A Hunger

^^Well, how bout that Mr. Adventure...moving from New York to Colorado!!!

I guess if I thunk about doing that I woulda kept my Luggage Rack (which I sold to a member here but never got paid--some things we learn from).

You gotta be ready for the elements for sure...a wet-weather parka and trousers comes to mind. Travel light...I usually pack more changes of underwear than trousers...and at least 5 shirts. I'm use to putting the bike on my trailer and heading out...but that was because I had job to get to this past year.

Good luck with the maintenance...lemme tell you; patience is a must. Rushing any maintenance (no matter how discerning) is just not worth the effort if you take shortcuts. Thanks for the positive reply...I re-read my question and it came off kinda questionable (without inflection).

Seeya around and post pics of your adventures with your "T".

Ed
    GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
    GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
    GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

Here is a motivational short video that should be longer with more frames but you get the idea. It shows a cross country trip of a two young lads on motorbikes having the time of their lives!

I may find these words spat in my face by a cynical teenager in a future that draws nearer; “yeah right, when were you young?” I made this short movie…

Here is his blogspot: http://kerncountykid.blogspot.com/20...8_archive.html
      Last edited by Guest; 12-21-2014, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSX1000E View Post
        Here is a motivational short video that should be longer with more frames but you get the idea. It shows a cross country trip of a two young lads on motorbikes having the time of their lives!

I may find these words spat in my face by a cynical teenager in a future that draws nearer; “yeah right, when were you young?” I made this short movie…

Here is his blogspot: http://kerncountykid.blogspot.com/20...8_archive.html
        thanks for sharing this! what an awesome video and blog. well worth the read

Comment

Hey all,

I removed the brake line and caliper today. Removed the piston and cleaned the gunk out of the cylinder. I also cleaned the master cylinder out with brake cleaner, which was coated with a thick gray slime. I then used compressed air to clean out the teeny tiny return hole. Which was definitely plugged. So hopefully this fixed the problem. I'm going to order a braided Goodridge DOT line with new banjo bolts soon.

Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Brake Job

^^I felt a sense of accomplishment when I completed my MC/caliper/braided line rebuild. I used AGE solvent and soaked the parts for 36hrs. Post pics, we love em'.

Ed
            GS750TZ V&H/4-1, Progressive Shocks, Rebuilt MC/braided line, Tarozzi Stabilizer[Seq#2312]
            GS750TZ Parts Bike [Seq#6036]
            GSX-R750Y (Sold)

my opinion shouldn't be taken as gospel or in any way that would lead you to believe otherwise (30Sep2021)

Comment

NEW crush washers also!!!!
              MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
              1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by dcsowrider View Post
                Hey all,

I removed the brake line and caliper today. Removed the piston and cleaned the gunk out of the cylinder. I also cleaned the master cylinder out with brake cleaner, which was coated with a thick gray slime. I then used compressed air to clean out the teeny tiny return hole. Which was definitely plugged. So hopefully this fixed the problem. I'm going to order a braided Goodridge DOT line with new banjo bolts soon.

Thanks for all the help!
                What you said earlier about the caliper not sticking on the sliding pins - something worth checking is this; make sure the pins (or more correctly, the holes they go into) aren't worn. When they get worn, they let the caliper body tilt, leading to the wedge-shaped pads you've seen. When they get worn enough, the caliper can jam, with disastrous consequences, as has been mentioned. Once they've worn that far, there's no cure but replacement.
                Luckily, there is (as yet) no shortage of low-miler bikes being broken for parts and the caliper brackets (standard and 'L') are easily obtainable.

Originally posted by chuck hahn View Post
                NEW crush washers also!!!!
                Or, if you get caught out without new ones, anneal the old copper ones. Perfectly safe to do so.
                Last edited by Grimly; 12-30-2014, 09:03 PM.
                ---- Dave

Only a dog knows why a motorcyclist sticks his head out of a car window

Comment

Yup..heat them up and they get softer and can be recrushed. Been there and done that. One extra use out of them...LOL
                  MY BIKES..1977 GS 750 B, 1978 GS 1000 C (X2)
                  1978 GS 1000 E, 1979 GS 1000 S, 1973 Yamaha TX 750, 1977 Kawasaki KZ 650B1, 1975 Honda GL1000 Goldwing, 1983 CB 650SC Nighthawk, 1972 Honda CB 350K4, 74 Honda CB550

NEVER SNEAK UP ON A SLEEPING DOG..NOT EVEN YOUR OWN.

I would rather trust my bike to a "QUACK" that KNOWS how to fix it rather than a book worm that THINKS HE KNOWS how to fix it.

Comment

Working...
                  X