X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front End swap 1979/1983

I have a 1979 GS1000
    I'm looking to upgrade the front end to a dual disc
    Can I swap a 1983 GS1100 for the 1979 with out opening a can of worms?
    Any suggestions or cautions ?

Chances are it will work but Ill let the forkologists chime in. Unless you have the 83 right now you may want to widen your front end search to some 90s vintage GSX-Rs
    82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

I have an 83 front end for sale. All parts except bottom clamp and stem.

Comment

If All Balls sells a bearing kit and if you add spacer washers between the forks and your existing fender, it will work.
        I suggest using the 1100E fender. You will also need the headlight ears and headlight from the 1100E.
        (your ears and your existing headlight will work.)

Comment

Originally posted by bonanzadave View Post
          Chances are it will work but Ill let the forkologists chime in. Unless you have the 83 right now you may want to widen your front end search to some 90s vintage GSX-Rs
          Thanks
          I have nothing right now
          There seems to be more of the early to mid 80's vintage around than the 1979's
          That was the real reason for the change

Comment

If you're going to swap anyway look for something newer from a GSX-R or a GSX-F Katana. My 700 is running a '95 GSX-R750 fork in a Honda CBR954RR triple. The reason for the CBR triple is it is stepped to gain a bit of ground clearance.

Comment

Working...
            X