rear wheel and brake setup questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear wheel and brake setup questions

ok guys, so i'm frame up building a 1977 gs750. i have in possession a complete front end from an 81 or 82 gs650g (forks, tubes,emulators, sonic springs, triples, dual brake discs, calipers and the cast 19" mag wheel). i wanted to match the mag wheel for the rear. i'd like to go with the 2.15 wide x 18" mag. my questions would be:

do post 1979 carriers and rear sprockets spacings and offsets work in the 1977 swingarm?

will i need to chase down the matching year rear brake components, or does the spacings/offsets interchange?. during my searches, the rear calipers and caliper brackets all look the same. as do the rear M/C and components.

will a 77 to 79 (non L) rear axle and spacers/washers setup work for the 18" mag wheel?

thanks so much for the time and space
    Andrew R

The hard part will be finding a matching rear rim to the front. I don't believe that Suzuki made that design for a chain drive. If you do find one, please tell me which model you got it from.
    I was not counting the T model bikes as those have a rear drum brake.
    Your 750 should already have an 18" rear rim on it unless someone changed it.

Comment

think this is an 18" cast mag. says its from a 1979 gs750E

i do not have a rear wheel or rear brake setup yet, as i purchased a bare frame and swingarm

Comment

It is stamped into the hub in the third pic. They can be had for much less than that price though.

Comment

so i can definitely use the 18 x 2.15 mag rear wheel. will all 77-79 (non L) hubs/carriers, rear brake disc, caliper, brake stay, rear axles n spacers also work with this wheel??

appreciate it
          Andrew R

Comment

Working...
          X