Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'83 GS1100~'99GSXR-600 Front/Rear Suspension

Hi everybody.

Before i get into this i want to state that i have been digging and reading through quite a few threads and i am just asking for more specifics.
    I have been keeping an eye on craigslist and finally lucked out with a guy parting out a newer gsxr.

I managed to pick up;
    FRONT:
    Full front fork assembly
    Front brake assembly
    Front wheel
    Triples
    Clip-ons
    All controls
    All hardware
    REAR:
    Rear swingarm
    Rear brake assembly
    Rear wheel
    Sprocket
    All hardware
    Also managed to find a gentleman selling a bike jack he used twice to change tires for $55.

My GS is in storage and i am just trying to collect some info, tips and tricks before i pull the bike out and strip it down to the bare frame for the resto/cafe build.
    I have found in the threads a link to AllBallsRacing and found that the front assembly at the bearings should fit nicely, the question is does anyone know if there is any other issues that i should be aware of (I.e. clearances, shaft length, brake assemblies, clip-on vs clubman bars, etc)
    I haven't found any info in regards to the 99 rear swinger(gen 2?), is there anything that i should know and where would a good place be to get gears that would line up if they don't.

Other than that, weight not being a factor. Which do people prefer mono or dual shocks on these 1100's? I am leaning towards dual, just for two up reasons(top of 390lbs of goopy flesh on board) and i kinda like the look of the duals on older bikes.

Please don't berate me to bad and please any tips and info will be great.

Check your PMs. If you are up call me now.
    Ray.

Comment

Working...
    X