78 750E Wheel Swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 750E Wheel Swap questions

After doing some research this is the info I've found. I would like to swap the tubed snowflakes for the tubeless GS1100E style triple (or six) spoke, I like the look. I know the front is pretty much a direct swap because the wheel is the same size (19x1.85) and uses the same diameter axle. The only other front that might work is the 86/87 GSXR wheel (18x2.50) and according to AllBalls, uses the same wheel bearings. I assume it means the axle diameter is also the same? Any other fitment issues with the GSXR wheel (speedo cable, custom spacers, will twin pot conversion fit)? The 2nd gen GS750 or the GS700 front wheels are 16 inch and won't work.
    On the rear, there are three 17x2.50 options. 2nd gen GS750 and GS700 wheels have the same P/N, but the GS1100E has a different P/N? Anyone know what the difference is? Would the tires for these fit in my stock swingarm or is an upgrade necessary? The 86/87 GSXR rear wheel is 18x3.50 and does require swingarm upgrades and probably drive sprocket spacing. Any other considerations with this wheel?

Thanks

Not sure what you mean by tubed snowflakes, as the only wheels I know of that need tubes are wires. Unless you have a late model BMW which are tubeless, because they runs their spokes out the side of the rim.

Eric has already done the mod your asking about. (see photo).

I'll PM you his contact info.
    :cool:GSRick
    No God, no peace. Know God, know peace.

Eric Bang RIP 9/5/2018
    Have some bikes ready for us when we meet up.

Comment

Originally posted by WilliamK View Post
      After doing some research this is the info I've found. I would like to swap the tubed snowflakes for the tubeless GS1100E style triple (or six) spoke, I like the look. I know the front is pretty much a direct swap because the wheel is the same size (19x1.85) and uses the same diameter axle. The only other front that might work is the 86/87 GSXR wheel (18x2.50) and according to AllBalls, uses the same wheel bearings. I assume it means the axle diameter is also the same? Any other fitment issues with the GSXR wheel (speedo cable, custom spacers, will twin pot conversion fit)? The 2nd gen GS750 or the GS700 front wheels are 16 inch and won't work.
      On the rear, there are three 17x2.50 options. 2nd gen GS750 and GS700 wheels have the same P/N, but the GS1100E has a different P/N? Anyone know what the difference is? Would the tires for these fit in my stock swingarm or is an upgrade necessary? The 86/87 GSXR rear wheel is 18x3.50 and does require swingarm upgrades and probably drive sprocket spacing. Any other considerations with this wheel?

Thanks

yes if the wheel bearing are the same for both the axles will be the same diameter
      the snowflakes would have been tubeless to start with

ozman

Comment

Working...
      X