The Bent Swingarm..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bent Swingarm..

As some of you may know i have had a lengthy drawn out project GSX750ES..

I've recently been working on it making it look good and servicing items as i put it back together.

I started to clean the rear swing arm up before i sanded it down and gave it a light polish.

To Find this..

One bent swingarm. Great just what i need to ad to the list of things to fix on it. I'd say its been in an accident and someone has decided to save some money and fix it themselves.. In a Vice.

Its creased where they put it in a vice and wacked it with a hammer, so much so that i can also see that crease on the inside too. I cant believe i was riding around on this.

The list is getting longer and longer with this bike... i'm almost ready to throw the towel in and sell it as parts.

holy hell woodsy you try anything to straighten it out like a torch and bend? grind down the old welds and reweld it? may be worth it to just get a used one or upgrade the swingarm...

Comment

you could buy that swing arm in the states for near nothing but the shipping would be 150-200 US dollars...

Comment

Yeah shipping kills it now. Back when the Aussie dollar was good it was worth it.

not game to straighten it as I don't think I could do the repair good enough.

The part here in aus will be. At a guess. $150-200.

Comment

Went to pick up another swingarm today and it was exactly the same as mine! Same crease in the same spot. Would seem this is factory?

Can anyone confirm with their own bike?

Comment

Working...
          X