Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racetech Cartridge Emulator Fork Oil GS1100ez

Hi all,

Just a quick question about fork oil recommendations for a GS1100. I'm putting in some emulators this weekend. I'm tossing up between 15W and 30W.

Springs will be swapped out with Sonic 1.1kg/mm

Thanks. J.

if the choice is between 15w and 30w, go 15w,
    the oil viscosity adjusts the rebound damping only, ultimately you may want to go lighter
    this is worth reading
    GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

10W should be all you need.

You basically use the oil weight to set the rebound & then re-adjust the emulator to set the compression damping. The emulator serves to split the two circuits up so they can be adjusted somewhat independently (rather than being two sets of holes on the same damper rod).
      1980 GS1000G - Sold
      1978 GS1000E - Finished!
      1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
      1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
      2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
      1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
      2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

You left out the most important thing which is your weight.Based on a 1.1Kg/mm spring rate I suspect your are not a light weight and the 15W or would be better. At 210 that is what I run and has been recommend by several others (if you could find it in a search there are several threads).

Comment

Originally posted by posplayr View Post
          You left out the most important thing which is your weight.Based on a 1.1Kg/mm spring rate I suspect your are not a light weight and the 15W or would be better. At 210 that is what I run and has been recommend by several others (if you could find it in a search there are several threads).
          I had a good look through the threads. I couldn't find anything specific to my set up, so I thought I would put it out there.

15W is what I was thinking.

Thank you for the prompt reply everyone.

Comment

i see I used 15w but the 10w was used by joe nardy. Not sure why I went higher; perhaps my additional weight.
            Last edited by posplayr; 03-06-2015, 11:50 AM.

Comment

The preload adjustment on the 1100E forks is still operational after you fit the emulators.

i ran the same settings as Joe with a bit lighter spring.

i have ridden Joes bike and although spring a bit heavy for me it worked well for both of us.

I am 165 - I would think Joe is a bit heavier than that (ex hockey player...)
              1980 GS1000G - Sold
              1978 GS1000E - Finished!
              1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
              1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
              2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
              1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
              2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar..... - FOR SALE!

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Working...
              X