1981 suzuki gs1100 forks???? HELP PLEASE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1981 suzuki gs1100 forks???? HELP PLEASE

OK, I have decided to do a café style bike out of a 1981 Suzuki gs1100. I am going along fine, but I have ran into a bit of trouble when it comes to lowering the front end of the bike. I took the triple trees lose. As I was doing so I noticed the air valves. I have lowered a couple bike and it was as easy as sliding the forks up through the triple trees. Not this bike. I Have never had any dealing with forks like these. Any help with how to go about lowering the front 2 to 3 inches would be great.

Originally posted by R1reaper View Post
    OK, I have decided to do a café style bike out of a 1981 Suzuki gs1100. I am going along fine, but I have ran into a bit of trouble when it comes to lowering the front end of the bike. I took the triple trees lose. As I was doing so I noticed the air valves. I have lowered a couple bike and it was as easy as sliding the forks up through the triple trees. Not this bike. I Have never had any dealing with forks like these. Any help with how to go about lowering the front 2 to 3 inches would be great.
    Please tell me it's an L.
    No signature :(

Comment

No it is an 1981 gs1100E. I help my brother build a café racer out of a Kawi and really liked it in the end. So as a thanks My brother gave me this bike to make myself a café racer.

Comment

Originally posted by R1reaper View Post
        No it is an 1981 gs1100E. I help my brother build a café racer out of a Kawi and really liked it in the end. So as a thanks My brother gave me this bike to make myself a café racer.
        Just plug up the air holes in the forks. Install some straight rate springs from Sonic springs and a good fork oil. A set of Cartridge emulators would be great as well. No need for the air any longer.
        sigpicMrBill Been a GSR member on and off since April 2002
        1980 GS 750E Bought new in Feb of 1980
        2015 CAN AM RTS

Stuff I've done to my bike:dancing: 1100E front end with new Sonic springs, 1100E swing arm conversion with new Progressive shocks installed, 530 sprockets/chain conversion, new SS brake lines, new brake pads. New SS fasteners through out. Rebuilt carbs, new EBC clutch springs and horn installed. New paint. Motor runs strong.

Comment

Working...
        X