First time ordering brake lines...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time ordering brake lines...

Just curious here...I'm upgrading to SS brake lines and also going to be losing the splitter and converting to a 2 line front system. What's the best way to measure for the new line that will crossover? Are there standard lengths for this type of conversion? Maybe I'll just get use my fabric tape measure.

I think I just used some spare vinyl tubing or something I had laying around. You need something that'll retain its shape as you hold each end to the calipers.

If I ever redo mine again, I'm going to have both lines connected to the master cylinder instead of having the loop go over the wheel. I think it would look a little better and it's probably easier to bleed. (No risk of air getting stuck at the top of the loop.)
    Last edited by eil; 03-12-2015, 02:50 PM.
    Charles
    --
    1979 Suzuki GS850G

Read BassCliff's GSR Greeting and Mega-Welcome!

Comment

If you have an old piece of cable TV wire it more or less holds the shape of a brake line..........
      Old age and treachery will beat youth and skill every time1983 GS 750
      https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4256/3...8bf549ee_t.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4196/3...cab9f62d_t.jpg

Comment

excellent. thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by bccap View Post
          If you have an old piece of cable TV wire it more or less holds the shape of a brake line..........
          How about an old reel of solder?
          1982 GS1100E V&H "SS" exhaust, APE pods, 1150 oil cooler, 140 speedo, 99.3 rear wheel HP, black engine, '83 red

2016 XL883L sigpic Two-tone blue and white. Almost 42 hp! Status: destroyed, now owned by the insurance company. The hole in my memory starts an hour before the accident and ends 24 hours after.

Comment

Oh yeah, that would work as well. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Working...
            X