Gs 1000/ 1200 Bandit swingarm upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gs 1000/ 1200 Bandit swingarm upgrade

Are the pivot dimensions the same for a '79 gs 1000 and a Katana? I want to get the reducing bushings for the 1200 swingarm from katana parts but don't know if the internal dimensions are the same at the pivot point. I can't seem to be able to send an e-mail to him to ask. The gs axle is abit longer and smaller in diameter hence the bushings. I would rather just order them than to have to wait forever for the machine shop to turn them. Thanks in advance.

Yes. Width is identical, both use a 16mm pivot shaft. Swing-arms are therefore interchangeable. So, aftermarket parts that adapt Bandit swing-arms to Katanas will also adapt Bandit swing-arms to the GS1000.

Comment

Thanks Postman. I hope the weather is better down there than its is upstate New York. Cold as hell. Thanks again!

Comment

We are doing this same conversion right now..how do you propose to line up the sprockets?

Comment

Most will use an offset front sprocket... I have seen the rear sprocket carrier turned down too but you also have to remember you need to clear the tyre with the chain back there.

Not all chains are equal as far as how thick they physically are (even at the same principal size of 530,525,520 Etc). You may have to go down to a 520.
          1980 GS1000G - Sold
          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

Does anyone know the true length of a Bandit 1200 rear axle. I've got a '00 swingarm (i'm told) from e-bay and the axle seems too short. Not enough threads for axle washer and castle nut. Are there different lengths for different years? This axle measures just about 12"5/8" overall. The diameter is fine at about .783". I done a few of these mods without this issue. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
            X