81 1100 rear brake ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

81 1100 rear brake ?

81 gs1100e. I had put on a V&H pro pipe sidewinder style that conflicts w/the brake pedal. Rather than cut & weld I've made new peg brackets to raise the pegs so I can turn the brake pedal on the splines for more downward travel. Before this w/the oem pegs still on I had thought adj. the plunger to the master cylinder would take care of the prob. but I was wrong. I burnt up the pads & rotor, lesson learned. Now after new parts & fluid I seem to have a prob. w/ the hyd. system building press. & not releasing always keeping the pads semi snug to the rotor. Maybe the stop is not adj. correct? I've got the manual & followed the procedure but still tight. With the new brackets & pegs I will gain some upward positioning of the pedal w/ more down but can't seem to get it to work right. I've got nothing built for the stop yet & think this could be a part of the prob. Any thoughts or advice?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-21-2015, 05:19 PM. Reason: none

I put on the new bracket to mount the peg & adj. the plunger & everything seam's to be working good.

Comment

Working...
    X