do the caliper drag...i'd perfer not.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

do the caliper drag...i'd perfer not.

79 GS1000L. The top of my rear caliper is touching the rotor, it seems like i now need a spacer befor the bracket on the shaft but i don't see why. all parts are in the right places as per the diagrams, and i've tryed a caliper off of a parts bike with no change. This is somthing stupid i'm sure but it's driving me crazy. is there an order to tightening i'm not doing right or wtf? it seems to be a spaceing issue on the right side to me but i might be wrong. from rotor out is the bearing cover, bracket, right h-spacer, chain adjuster, washer and nut, just like befor but now this....anyone had this issue?

You sure you got correct mount (part #17 in pic) for your setup? Or wrong disc size? Maybe post a pic, so someone with same bike could notice a problem.
    does disc seem centered in caliper?

1981 gs650L

"We are all born ignorant, but you have to work hard to stay stupid" Ben Franklin

Comment

i can't seem to upload photo's for some reason. the bracket is right though, everything is like that diagram. the only thing that was changed was the rear sprocket but i can't see how that would change anything on the right side. i made a shim and put it infront of the bracket. the caliper isn't touching now but i can't see why i should need one there...
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X