rear shock input ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear shock input ?

I,m presently considering YSS, non-gas rear shocks for my 81 GS750e. I would appreciate any input/comments by anyone who uses, or has knowledge of the YSS brand. Thanks... Ray C.

I put a pair of gas charged YSS shocks on my SRX600, and they work fine. I had hoped for better than fine with the adjustable rebound, but I seem to have a spring rate problem due to the angle and mounting points of the shocks on this bike. The shocks themselves seem well made and look good, and about 1500 miles on, they're working as well as when new. I think that Klaus, the guy that runs the shop, didn't have any experience with my particular bike and didn't calculate the spring rate properly. I bought the next stiffer rate springs which are better but perhaps still not stiff enough. Klaus seemed insulted that I told him that the supplied springs were too soft, and his email justifying his rate selection confirmed that he ignored the fact that the SRX shocks are mounted further up the swingarm in a more laid down position. On your bike it's likely not an issue.

Comment

Working...
    X